• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has more power at 160?

Jacobs? GGG? Lemieux?

Originally posted by FightLikeABroad View Post
    Jacobs? GGG? Lemieux?
    Raw power is Lemule but both Jacobs and GGG are better.

Comment

My impression is that Lemieux is the best puncher at middle. Then GGG is second but he places his punches better. Jacobs seems like a good puncher too but his KOs weren't as devastating as either GGG or Lemieux. I think Andy Lee might be a better puncher (not boxer) than Jacobs. I also think Stevens might be a bigger puncher than Jacobs (though he is horrible at placing his shots against Elite competition).

I wonder how Sergio Martinez would have done against the GGG that Jacob's fought...

I want a Lemieux vs. Jacobs match up bad (Lemieux prob gets out boxed through 12 but with his pop anything can happen).

Comment

I'm wondering realistically who can be next opponent of Lemieux.

Comment

Lemieux! Which shows you that POWER might be the most OVERRATED Attribute in Boxing especially when it is Wasted Power not used Correctly because the guys with "Less Power" seem to always find a way to beat guys with More Power!

So yes Lemieux has more Power! But I wouldn't pick him to beat GGG or Jacobs just because he knocked out Stevens

Comment

I would say GGG.

Lemeiux is more aggressive than GGG and throws more bombs but that doesn't mean his punches are consistently harder.

In every Golovkin fight I've seen, he throws a normal punch that does unexpected amounts of damage. Either a knockdown or a broken face or wincing in pain etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Which shows you that POWER might be the most OVERRATED Attribute in Boxing
              When will you stop repeating this bull****?

Comment

Originally posted by Randomum View Post

I wonder how Sergio Martinez would have done against the GGG that Jacob's fought...
                A prime Martinez in all likelihood smokes Gennady on the scorecards, assuming he can avoid GGG's power. Which granted is a big if for anybody.

Comment

GGG has the most power. Lemieux is a close 2nd or maybe a tie with GGG. Jacobs is a good puncher but he is not in the same class as GGG and Lemieux as a pure puncher. Jacobs has lots of KO wins but most of them were wins over real softies that any decent fighter should knock out.

Comment

At 160 power wise
                    1. Lemieux
                    2. Golovkin
                    3. Jacobs
                    4. Jermall
                    5. Andy Lee
                    6. Stevens
                    7. Canelo
                    8. Derevyanchenko
                    9. Eubank Jr
                    10. Khurtside