Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were one of the guys who though Lucas was World Class level...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    title shots are not always based on one's wins/losses and skill, but on who is one's promoter/manager and what their relationship is with a particular sanctioning body.
    And that's exactly why Broner's a 4 time world champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      title shots are not always based on one's wins/losses and skill, but on who is one's promoter/manager and what their relationship is with a particular sanctioning body.

he was the second ranked 140lber in the world after he beat peterson. you can act like he got that fight because he was a network darling, but it's wrong. he forced that fight by knocking peterson out, who had been a competitive fighter at the world level, and even beat amir khan. he was the consensus for the most worthy challenger at 140, IE the best in the world other than the champion.

not world class doe. you've got to be manny pacquiao or floyd mayweather to be world class

Comment

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
        And that's exactly why Broner's a 4 time world champion.
        it is also why Manny is an 8 division champion.

Comment

• I think the problem here is the definition of "world class". There's no explicit criteria, but I'd class Lucas as world class, but definitely not elite.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            he was the second ranked 140lber in the world after he beat peterson. you can act like he got that fight because he was a network darling, but it's wrong. he forced that fight by knocking peterson out, who had been a competitive fighter at the world level, and even beat amir khan. he was the consensus for the most worthy challenger at 140, IE the best in the world other than the champion.

not world class doe. you've got to be manny pacquiao or floyd mayweather to be world class
            I am not disagreeing with you, I am just clarifying your post. A sanctioning body ranking spot is not always about "world class", its about who you are promoted by, managed by, or what network you fight on.

We should be able to agree.

Comment

• What this place has taught me is that if you're a puncher with a light complexion ( of literally any race) you are a ****ing bum. Period. Must be true. NSB told me so.

Comment

• Matthysse has wins over Peterson, Soto and Provodnikov. Throw in respectable wins like R.Ortiz and Molina. Just because he never won a World title doesn't mean he is sh.it. There are guys holding belts, but still have done f.ck all.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                  I don't respect your opinion about the sport AT ALL! The fact that you couldn't see how flawed he was as a fighter tells me all I need to know in regards to your knowledge of the sport. How many times had he let the belt "slip away" ... Not even... Because he was usually losing the whole way in his championship fights... Then the guy quits against a guy who has about half the experience he does in these type fights! I knew he would lose so it bet against him but to take a knee and not get back up when's you supposedly have "fight ending power" and rabid fans that have stood behind you (not for long) for years ... And he quits? Lol.... GATEKEEPER!!!
                  You ever consider what Pistol brings to the table? How about size and reach, and quick feet to keep a good boxer like Matgysse off of him. I don't think the world of Mathysse, but he was at every disadvantage except power. And what good is power if you can't reach a guy.

Comment

• How do you define world class as it relates to boxing?
                    In summary it would be a person that has a shot at winning no matter who they step into the ring with. Matthysse might not be a complete fighter but he is always dangerous and he always has his moments in a fight.

Comment

• Lucas is no Bum,no super elite either.Ive always like watching his fights.Look at what he has accomplished in his career.A popping noise behind the eye is serious.Possibly a brain injury or if he continued he could have lost his eye sight.His future in his boxing career and quality of life could have been in jeopardy.But,what do you care,just keep calling him a Bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X