Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Matthyse avoid Broner's call to arms?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
    I apologize if someone made a thread similar to this or it's against forum rules to make certain threads, but I admit I haven't read the rules so excuse my lack of forum knowledge this one time.

I'm sure most here love to have selective memory, but for those who remember, Adrien Broner has called out Matthyse several times last year, after Matthyse fought John Molina.

Matthyse decided to not utter Broner's name for the whole year until he signed a deal with Goldenboy Promotions on an extension deal. I was perplexed by Matthyse making such a move; a duck move. It's now come to light why he avoided Broner's challenge and decided to speak on it when he signed a deal with Goldenboy. He knew he would lose to Broner.

Broner beat Molina easier than Matthyse, much more easier and showed how to neutralize the right hand that Matthyse constantly got battered and beat down with. Broner also was using a more effective jab and parry counter on Molina's right hand. That discouraged Molina from throwng and Broner was able to walk him down. Matthyse was constantly through out the fight bashed in the head by a right hand.

Matthyse knew Haymon was going to make him fight Broner so he jumped ship and signed with Goldenboy promotions. Matthyse lost his skills in that Garcia fight and lost his heart after the Molina fight.
    So a pointless thread has been started to "state" your opinion of Matthysse. Some of you people need to go out and meet actual friends, express your feelings and reintergrate with the social strata.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
      So a pointless thread has been started to "state" your opinion of Matthysse. Some of you people need to go out and meet actual friends, express your feelings and reintergrate with the social strata.

This thread was made more on the basis of who beat Molina easier.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't vote in the rigged poll because he never avoided Broner. Guys like Broner avoid guys like Matthysse while Matthysse avoids nobody. He is fighting a much better fighter than Broner next while Broner fights a guy Lucas already knocked out and ruined.

Comment

Prodvodnikov is not FEARED, he got outboxed by soft Algieri. Prod is the most easiest to hit in the junior welterweight division. He is not even close to being as gifted as Adrien Broner who can actually connect with his punches when he got someone hurt. Matthyse avoided Broner simple as that, he wanted no parts. E was quiet as all hell. Before Broner called him out, Matthyse wanted either Brner or Garcia. Then Broner said Matthyse should be my next opponent, Matthyse got very quiet and then hurry up and signed an extension with Goldenbky promotions, using loyalty as an excuse.
          Feared and "easy to beat" are two different things. I don't believe that even you believe what you're saying.

Comment

This thread was made more on the basis of who beat Molina easier.
            But it isn't! because you have offered no basis for that "clarification"

In simple mathematical terms, Molina cannot be a common denominator because he fought differently in the respective fights. He wasn't made to, he had a different approach.

Hence, it comes down to opinion.

Comment

look at who broner has been fighting when matthysse has wanted the fight... Carlos Molina, Emmanuel Taylor and now John Molina Jr (matthysse left overs). Come on TS, this dude should be banned for his idiocy

Comment

How much better than Broner is Chris Algieri?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
                  But it isn't! because you have offered no basis for that "clarification"

In simple mathematical terms, Molina cannot be a common denominator because he fought differently in the respective fights. He wasn't made to, he had a different approach.

Hence, it comes down to opinion.
                  He fought differently because he didn't have the same oppurtunities present in the Broner fight. Matthyse was very easy to hit with that one trick right hand that Molina possess. So Molina was constantly in the fight until he was stopped. Matthyse was ruined in that fight just as much as Molina, who only throws once in a while and can't throw when punches in his face. Broner did hurt Molina with his own right hand a couple moments in the fight off his jab.

Molina was scared to get countered. Matthyse was constantly hurt and battered while Broner barely got touched and took Molina right hands that did landed.
                  Last edited by Brickyardigan; 03-08-2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

That Hanzgruber logic lmao.

Just stop.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                      look at who broner has been fighting when matthysse has wanted the fight... Carlos Molina, Emmanuel Taylor and now John Molina Jr (matthysse left overs). Come on TS, this dude should be banned for his idiocy
                      You should be banned for being a straight up lie. Matthyse never wanted the fight, he always try to switch subjects or say Broner doesn't want to fight him. Look at the post fight interviews on the date they both fought, both men were asked about the other and it was stark difference in response. Matthyse avoided saying anything to the sort of he wants Broner next or they should fight, he gae a maybe next year speech. Broner on the other hand was adamant and demanded he want Matthyse next. Be honest with yourself.

I don't believe Broner will be the future or a big threat in boxing but the blatant disregard of his performance and butthurt fans saying Molina was paid off, made me remember how Matthyse was praised for being in a war with a bum fighter. Everyone seen what happened to Mickey Bey and thought Matthye was suppose to walk through Molina due to Bey out boxing him easy until the last round. Nope instead Matthyse got rocked and had to get into a war with a one trick pony because he couldn't beat the trick he seen performed over and over again.

Matthyse isn't elite. Broner isn't elite but he's better than Matthyse and Matthyse ducked him because of it. That's it. Matthyse still didn't win a championship belt.

Comment

Working...
                      X