Title GEL World Bag Gloves -- First Impressions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
    I have punching power.
    doesnt sound like it. I hit hard, and for example when I got my IMF tech bag gloves which are real hard, i realised I CANT hit people with them or they are gettin hurt and never gonna wanna spar again with me.

Comment

Remind me to stay away from the IMF's.

I was hitting just fine with my 16-oz. el cheapo Amber gloves (eBay specials), and with my Everlasts before those. The guys at my gym who use Cleto Reyes use them because they hurt. You know that this game is about knocking people down. It is not pillow fighting. I don't go looking to injure my sparring partners -- I have excellent control -- but I want to be able to throw heavy and deliver as much as possible in case I end up in the ring with some ******* who's looking to hurt ME. I work out at a tough gym in my city's hood, and we get our share of *******s looking for a gym war or to prove something. I want every possible advantage. I lift weights, I supplement, I work on my heavy punches, and I am always on the lookout for new gear or training methods that I feel might give me that extra little bit. I'm sorry if none of this equates to "good boxing" or some concept of sportsmanship that you subscribe to, but I will take every advantage available to me within the rules of the game. You may feel differently.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
        Remind me to stay away from the IMF's.

I was hitting just fine with my 16-oz. el cheapo Amber gloves (eBay specials), and with my Everlasts before those. The guys at my gym who use Cleto Reyes use them because they hurt. You know that this game is about knocking people down. It is not pillow fighting. I don't go looking to injure my sparring partners -- I have excellent control -- but I want to be able to throw heavy and deliver as much as possible in case I end up in the ring with some ******* who's looking to hurt ME. I work out at a tough gym in my city's hood, and we get our share of *******s looking for a gym war or to prove something. I want every possible advantage. I lift weights, I supplement, I work on my heavy punches, and I am always on the lookout for new gear or training methods that I feel might give me that extra little bit. I'm sorry if none of this equates to "good boxing" or some concept of sportsmanship that you subscribe to, but I will take every advantage available to me within the rules of the game. You may feel differently.

well then GET the IMF, they are hard as a overfull football. It really feels like If I hit someone full power with these bricks their brain will explode. They are extremely stiff and hard. It seems like cheating but if thats what youre looking for they are it.

Comment

IMF hurts more than reyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Nickman949 View Post
            IMF hurts more than reyes?

unfortuantly I havent really delt with Reyes, but the IMF are definatly hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
              unfortuantly I havent really delt with Reyes, but the IMF are definatly hard.
              IMF is soft on the inside and rock hard on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
                IMF is soft on the inside and rock hard on the outside.
                yes, imf is soft on the inside and rock hard on the outside. reyes should hurt more than the imfs.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
                  I ordered a pair of these and now Im waiting for them to get here.
                  they arrived today!!!!!

they feel pretty good, kinda heavy but good. I cant wait, tommorrow IM gonna put them to use and see what the deal is.

Comment

if someone showed up at my gym to spar with cleto reyes or imf gloves to spar my trainer would laugh at them, mocking their punching power

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                      if someone showed up at my gym to spar with cleto reyes or imf gloves to spar my trainer would laugh at them, mocking their punching power
                      wouldnt happen at my gym. They dont give a ****. Ive seen people sparring with beat up old 12oz bag gloves.

Comment

Working...
                      X