Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Linares: Cano Surprised Me, I Felt Better at 135 - Hard To Make It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
    Why TF did Oscar put Linares in with a welterweight lmao ?! Very stupid matchmaking...didn't Linares weigh in at 136 or something for this fight?
    He weighed in at 139 just like cano did. Plus this isnt the first time he's been stopped by someone he should've beat

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
      Tallest oppo Loma has ever fought has been 5 feet 8 (Loma is 5 feet 7). At 140, you start to get some significantly taller guys, Josh Taylor at 5,10, Hooker 5,11, Postol 5,11 etc. Loma doesn't have a chunky build, so just can't see him being able to hack it at 140.

With his level of skill, he might be able to avoid clean shots for the entire 12 against most opposition, but it would be a new level for him, and risk that someone uses their size to roughhouse him and throw him off his game (a la Salido).

I've also got the feeling that Loma is going to be at peak for only a year or two more, then its slippy slidy time, so a venture to 140 might be at a time his skills start to deteriorate.

We'll see.
      At this point his best division is at 130. Not even convinced yet with his lightweight version.
      Fighting at 140lbs, even against the likes of Cano, would definitely be a tall order...
      unless it’ll be against a past prime pac — which will be worth the reward lol.

Anyways, as a fan of the sport, one can only hope he doesn’t decline too soon.. as we haven’t seen enough of him. And there are beautiful matchups to see.
      Though I’m picking Mikey over him (that if spence doesn’t finish his career).

Comment

This can is Loma's best win???

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
          He weighed in at 139 just like cano did. Plus this isnt the first time he's been stopped by someone he should've beat
          Where is all this 136 bs coming from then ? Did he weight that on fight night because that would be very strange...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            This can is Loma's best win???
            No he ain't Loma's best win...maybe taking account the weight difference and all the disadvantages Loma had you could argue it to be. But I think Walters, Rigo and Russel Jr are better names. Linares is not a can btw..he was a world class fighter at 135, just outmatched in size here and maybe he is just done as a fighter right now.

Comment

Where is all this 136 bs coming from then ? Did he weight that on fight night because that would be very strange...
              I have no idea. My guess is that it's linares/Loma fans making up an excuse, forgetting he's been stopped like this before.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                At this point his best division is at 130. Not even convinced yet with his lightweight version.
                Fighting at 140lbs, even against the likes of Cano, would definitely be a tall order...
                unless it’ll be against a past prime pac — which will be worth the reward lol.

Anyways, as a fan of the sport, one can only hope he doesn’t decline too soon.. as we haven’t seen enough of him. And there are beautiful matchups to see.
                Though I’m picking Mikey over him (that if spence doesn’t finish his career).
                That is what I have been posting. Lomachenko is a 130 monster, and the returns seem to diminish a little at 135. I HOPE his team talks him out of anything higher, money be damned. He is a unique fun fighter, but he is a natural 130 lb unique fighter and there is nothing wrong with that.

As for this fight, I may be in the minority but I am really jazzed for this 140 division. There are some fun fights to be had. Cano did himself a real solid with this blow out win. Excited for what comes next!!

Comment

No he ain't Loma's best win...maybe taking account the weight difference and all the disadvantages Loma had you could argue it to be. But I think Walters, Rigo and Russel Jr are better names. Linares is not a can btw..he was a world class fighter at 135, just outmatched in size here and maybe he is just done as a fighter right now.
                  I agree, good take on it. I think Linares is stuck. If he goes down to 135 he faces one of the best boxers of our lifetime and Linares is a boxer, that's his game. If he stays at 140 he'll face bigger guys with pop that'll just walk him down. The blue print is there. If he can't find a straight hard jab to control the distance he's not going to be successful. Speed is not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
                    linares still beats that bum(crolla) that is wba mandatory to lomachenko though..perhaps he should get a nutrionist and move back down or just pull the plug on his career
                    And get a jab.....where was Linares's jab? Cano just walked right in and paid nothing for the real estate.

Comment

Why TF did Oscar put Linares in with a welterweight lmao ?! Very stupid matchmaking...didn't Linares weigh in at 136 or something for this fight?
                      I don't like Oscar but he is a phenomenal promoter and a great match maker. I believe Oscar has taken Linares as far as he can.

I dislike Oscars for not making the matches that I want when I want them, and only when they advantage his fighters. But that's his job.

That said, I will continue to dislike Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                      X