No announcement yet.

Wilder is for real, I admit... but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder is for real, I admit... but...

I have always been critical of Wilder's boxing ability, even harsh and disparaging towards him, caught up in my own bias...... I now see the method to his boxing and how ingeniously he has been managed.

Wilder is good and manages to get KO's and wins against either over-matched, or slow, straight-up fighters who try to box him from the outside.

I am a Fury fan and spent the whole fight against Wilder screaming at him to go inside on this guy, pressure him, lean on him etc He did outbox him but got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw in his backyard, which was always going to happen. OK, it wasn't the best Fury and took him 4 rounds to shake the rust off, but Wilder got his two KD's which is fair.

Why do people who fight Wilder stay in the danger zone and never make sudden and explosive moves on him? pressure him inside? Fury didn't do it because he was not 100% and tried to beat him at his own game, got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw..... Ortiz, Spzilka .... they all end up the same - crumpled on the floor!

I might be laughed at in the comments to this particular comment, but I have never seen any one put it on Wilder and pressure him, take away his range and punch and drag him into a dogfight...... Chisora or Wallin or Povetkin style.... someone who comes forward and just tries to land bombs........

I need to see Wilder in against an opponent who will pressure him, stay on his chest and take away his distance.... put it on him, is fast, explosive..... it is the only way to beat him other than Fury outboxing him and dodging his punch for 12 rounds (which no one would put money on including myself).

Ortiz was absolute Dogshiat in there... do not be fooled by the scorecards which makes him out to have done well.... Wallin did better in losing rounds than Ortiz did winning them..... slow as treacle, both hands and feet.... no pressure at all..... just pitty-pat boxing and let Wilder box comfortable for 6 rounds until Wilder landed a nuke on his dome lol

Mostly agree with you, but what is the point of this thread? Are you asking a question or just stating this in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      I have always been critical of Wilder's boxing ability, even harsh and disparaging towards him, caught up in my own bias...... I now see the method to his boxing and how ingeniously he has been managed.

Wilder is good and manages to get KO's and wins against either over-matched, or slow, straight-up fighters who try to box him from the outside.

I am a Fury fan and spent the whole fight against Wilder screaming at him to go inside on this guy, pressure him, lean on him etc He did outbox him but got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw in his backyard, which was always going to happen. OK, it wasn't the best Fury and took him 4 rounds to shake the rust off, but Wilder got his two KD's which is fair.

Why do people who fight Wilder stay in the danger zone and never make sudden and explosive moves on him? pressure him inside? Fury didn't do it because he was not 100% and tried to beat him at his own game, got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw..... Ortiz, Spzilka .... they all end up the same - crumpled on the floor!

I might be laughed at in the comments to this particular comment, but I have never seen any one put it on Wilder and pressure him, take away his range and punch and drag him into a dogfight...... Chisora or Wallin or Povetkin style.... someone who comes forward and just tries to land bombs........

I need to see Wilder in against an opponent who will pressure him, stay on his chest and take away his distance.... put it on him, is fast, explosive..... it is the only way to beat him other than Fury outboxing him and dodging his punch for 12 rounds (which no one would put money on including myself).

Ortiz was absolute Dogshiat in there... do not be fooled by the scorecards which makes him out to have done well.... Wallin did better in losing rounds than Ortiz did winning them..... slow as treacle, both hands and feet.... no pressure at all..... just pitty-pat boxing and let Wilder box comfortable for 6 rounds until Wilder landed a nuke on his dome lol
      I've been thinking exactly the same thing myself. There's a reason why Wilder won't fight Dillian Whyte and it's the same reason why he used every trick in the book to delay fighting Povetkin when he was WBC mando. Wilder dodged a bullet when Povetkin tested positive for meldonium.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
        Mostly agree with you, but what is the point of this thread? Are you asking a question or just stating this in general?
        The gist of the thread is why I have not seen one fighter pressure or put it on Wilder..... inside or come-forward.

You ask what is the point in this thread?...... it's a boxing forum and we talk about boxing, or troll, either-or.

Comment

The reason no one attempt to do all those things is because he has concussive power and can put anyone to sleep with one punch. We don't know what his inside game is like but I suppose whoever is fighting him doesn't want to find out.

Btw, Ortiz was somewhat explosive in the mid section of the first fight but then he made a mistake.
          Last edited by HarvardBlue; 11-24-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Wilder will clobber you on the back of your neck trying stupid shyte like that. Deontay will have Derek Chisora, Dillian Shyte wearing matching neck-braces.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
              The reason no one attempt to do all those things is because he has concussive power and can put anyone to sleep with one punch. We don't know what his inside game is like but I suppose whoever is fighting him doesn't want to find out.

Btw, Ortiz was somewhat explosive in the mid section of the first fight but then he made a mistake.
              So we will never see Wilder in with a style that actually can win? the fighters he has fought so far have been talior-made for being wiped out by his right hand, Fury included coming back and rusty....... are you not interested in what Wilder would do if a Chisora or Povetkin was coming-forward bobbing and weaving and trying to get inside on the guy?

Ortiz was absolutely perfect tonight.... just stayed in Wilders range the whole 6-7 rounds plodding and throwing the occasional punch.... Wilder had time and didn't even have to work to stay out of range, due to Ortiz' slow footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post

Well said
                It’s the best way to describe it but I would love to see him against a fighter that can take a shot to get in
                I’m really not sold on Wilder or Joshua , I think that if they get touched they dance
                A guy like Ruiz , was willing to take one to get in there , I believe ( we’ll see in the rematch) if his chin holds up like in the first fight
                But Ruiz don’t have the power ending like those guys , he’ll need to break a guy down

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                  So we will never see Wilder in with a style that actually can win? the fighters he has fought so far have been talior-made for being wiped out by his right hand, Fury included coming back and rusty....... are you not interested in what Wilder would do if a Chisora or Povetkin was coming-forward bobbing and weaving and trying to get inside on the guy?

Ortiz was absolutely perfect tonight.... just stayed in Wilders range the whole 6-7 rounds plodding and throwing the occasional punch.... Wilder had time and didn't even have to work to stay out of range, due to Ortiz' slow footwork.
                  Ruiz has that style. He has quick feet, knows how to counter, and throws fast combinations. If he gets pass Joshua then we will see. Still yet, the danger is running into something getting into close range.

Comment

Ruiz can beat him the same way he beat Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                    X