Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bestway to attack guy rolling with back against ropes??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bestway to attack guy rolling with back against ropes??

Im a short guy and i was sparring a guy and when i would get him to the ropes he would do the floyd mayweather or muhammad ali rolling with my punches leaning back .. whats the best way to attack this.. in the final round i was having success with the straight right hand

the straight right with mixed body shots to get him leaning back towards you for the follow up rights.

Comment

if he's rolling and against the ropes that means itll hurt more when you go to the body because his abdominals are stretched. see how he moves to the jab straight and use a feint when you know how he is going to roll and do a quick shuffle to the left or right and throw a hook to the body or a chopping left or right to the head or both in combination.

Comment

I use to spar a guy at my gym that was fast, and quick on his feet. He would always go to the ropes and do this type of move, the best way I found to my advantage was using feints, bodyshots, and using different angles to throw them from. I got him out of the Ring once and he almost fell on his back...that taught him a lesson to be more smart next time instead of cocky...although he got back at me pretty nasty, by giving me some of his own bodyshots...to my ribcage and plexus..

Comment

get him in the corner, start with hooks upstairs to raise his guard, then make the punches that count hit him in the body.

if you are shorter, you need to develop a solid left hook to the body, as that would be the fight ending punch for a guy like that.

Comment

To many people with bad answers relying on bullying and punching. You don't need to punch, you don't need to be fast, or strong, or break him down, or make him sorry, you just need to use your brain.

When he is on the ropes, throw your jab. What does he do?
            Throw a right hand. What does he do?
            Throw a hook, what does he do?

For example. If you throw your right, and notice that he rolls with his right hand low, feint the right and fire a left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              You don't need to punch, you don't need to be fast, or strong, or break him down, or make him sorry, you just need to use your brain.

For example. If you throw your right, and notice that he rolls with his right hand low, feint the right and fire a left hook.
              I guess we agree to disagree. Everyone's style of boxing is different based on their own capabilities. I rarely feint.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                To many people with bad answers relying on bullying and punching. You don't need to punch, you don't need to be fast, or strong, or break him down, or make him sorry, you just need to use your brain.

what's wrong with my opinion? I said feints dint I? not just bully and punching...you have to fight smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Glove View Post
                  I guess we agree to disagree. Everyone's style of boxing is different based on their own capabilities. I rarely feint.
                  No, this is a case where there is a clear right and wrong answer to a question. Your answer is wrong. Attempting to conquer a style designed to cope with brute force with brute force is not only dumb, but wrong.

We don't have 12 rounds to blindly pound at arms, we have to score points, and simply put, you are never going to do that in the way you say.

You have to use feints to create opportunities for yourself.

Comment

throw a ****storm of flurries lol

Comment

Working...
                    X