Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon killing another unification fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk why some of you guys keep acting like Bob Arum is GREAT at making fights with other promoters & with other platforms to suggest this would be Haymon's, Spence's manager/advisor, fault somehow. Any idiot here should know cross promotion events between guys who are or among the biggest names & faces of a promoter or platform RARELY fight between whatever promoter & whatever promoter & when they do happened they've been trying & hard to make cuz those guys have been huge investments for the promoter & its a nice risk for that promoter. You surely know this or you are ******ed.

So C- troll thread or you are ******ed. You choose bruh.

Comment

crawford is doing the same by staying with arum who we all know won't let him fight over showtime

Comment

ok so let me get this straight... Spence is with haymon as well as ALL the other TOP wws in the world and yet u think he is making excuses not to fight bud?? i would say that being bud did not sign with haymon to join all the other best wws in the world speaks volumes to me. spence has been calling out all the BEST wws in the world for a longg time now, bud has 1 fight at ww and as great as i think bud is he is still very unproven at ww.

i know ur gonna throw lamont and algieri at me but before u do that, kell brook is by far the best ww fighter that either spence or crawford has faced and i mean ANY version of kell brook is 10x better than jeff horn. so like i said, bud is still unproven at ww and i dont care what BS belt he has! you seem to be the only one in the entire world who thinks spence will not fight ANYONE who is put in front of him including bud!

Comment

When it comes to the stars of their stables I think Haymon and Arum are pretty bad at letting their stars fight on other cards. Arum let Lomachenko fight on Showtime vs. Russell and he's letting Gvozdyk fight Stevenson on Showtime whereas Haymon has let the likes of Molina fight a top Top Rank guy. There's a difference there. Now, I know Loma and Gvozdyk were purse bids, but he could have just maneuvered other title fights, surely?

Arum worked with other promoters in making two recent fights most of this board said he'd never dare make in Lomachenko-Rigondeaux and Lomachenko-Linares. Both fights were easily signed once it was clear the other promoter was game.

Haymon is the most in-house for sure and I'm not sure why people have a hard time seeing that or just run with the 'Bob will never make it" narrative and completely ignore the fact Haymon is just as bad (if not worse) than you perceive Top Rank.

Spence comes across as very glad there's a political divide preventing him from fighting his most talented potential rival with the hardest style to dissect. From bragging about his "side of the street" and putting up all these roadblocks. Hey, you say you are a "free agent", well Crawford is getting $3m a fight to fight whoever he chooses, surely if you ask Bob he'll pay you to fight his guy and pay you well. If Porter/Thurman/Garcia want to fight each other again and you're stuck with Ocampo, Collazo etc; may be time to try and fight Crawford.
          Last edited by chrisJS; 09-12-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

It won't happen because BOTH Arum and Haymon want full control.

Comment

Haymon killing a unification bout? No, but Spence talking about network issues here is true. However, he needs to put pressure on Haymon as does Crawford on Arum and make this fight happen.

But hilarious how when Arum says the only way this fight happens is when it is big enough to do at least 500k buys, yet that isn't killing the fight but this is? How so? The reality of a terrible situation is this fight isn't happening for at least a year at the earliest. Now, if Spence is able to get Mikey/Porter/Thurman during that stretch, then no problem. Plenty of quality fights for him before the Crawford fight. But if he isn't getting those types of fights and the Crawford fight still doesn't happen? Then that's just wasting a big part of his prime. 2019 is going to be a big year for Spence. If he is going to be a star, it will have to do a lot with next year and the type of fights he gets/wins.

Comment

completely agree with this.

Comment

Another feeble attempt to make Wilder to blame for AJ/hearn picking Povetkin. Yaaawnn!

If you watched the fight, Spence came into the ring and challenged Porter for a unification fight and then talked about a possible Thurman unification fight.

Spence was honest about the situation and what causes fights not to get made.

Too bad AJ/hearn weren't honest.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-12-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Listen to Errol Spence coming up with all kinds of reasons and excuses for not fighting Crawford, just like Wilder did with AJ.
                    Your uneducated, inexperienced, amateur analysis doesn't make any sense.

Wilder was willing to fight AJ on DAZN on 9/22. Hearn refused to allow it.

Haymon has the WBC champion, the IBF champion, the WBA champion and most of the top contenders at welterweight.

Arum has the WBO champion and that's about it.

Crawford is the one that chose to stay on the side of the street that has no interesting opponents, instead of crossing the street, where all of the interesting opponents are.

So while Spence, Porter, Thurman, Garcia, Ugas, Berto, Alexander, Broner, etc all fight each other for years to come, and Crawford fights nobody, you can't blame the Haymon side for Crawford not having opponents. He's the one that chose to sign again with the side of the street that had nobody for him to fight.

Comment

Spence was saying the truth the true elite welterweights are with PBC Crawford is on the outside looking in while Crawford will be fighting Wbo mandatories for the next 3 years Spence will be able to unify the division Blame Arum for not working with Haymon unless his guy is the the clear favorite

Comment

Working...
                      X