Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think I will be OK for Monday though, if I just drink a lot of tea and not do anything today, tomorrow, and Sunday? Because if I will, I will go for it, but, if not, I just have to train at home.
    Don't ever drink tea man! Tea dehydrates you, double your intake of Vitamin C (citrus fruits, orange juice). I presume you're already taking vitamins? If you're not you should be.

Eat well, it's hard to eat when you have a cold, the virus makes the body think it's not hungry in order to do infect the host for longer. Eat, even if you don't feel like it.

Always stay warm, it's better to be hot than cold. Even if you're very hot don't wear anything less than a jumper or a hoody.

You can train, just make sure your hydrate yourself sufficiently before going to the gym. And as I mentioned wear an extra layer.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey gomez View Post
      Don't ever drink tea man! Tea dehydrates you.
      Bro I had the flu last week, I went to training, I trained as hard as possible, I wore a hoody the whole time and sweated like a blind lesbian in a fish shop.

The next day my flu was almost gone.

You are a fountain of bad information.

Comment

Bad information?

So tea hydrates you?

And you're saying my flu didn't improve the day after training?

Comment

Bad information?

So tea hydrates you?

And you're saying my flu didn't improve the day after training?
          Yes, tea hydrates you. It is also packed with antioxidants and vitamins.

http://health.dailynewscentral.com/content/view/2396/

Are you familiar with what a non sequitur is? That is what your story about you getting better after working out. One day I was sick and I put on my favorite socks, and the next morning I felt better... it's a coincidence. Training while sick or injured is a bad idea and will just make you more sick.

Comment

Yes I am familiar with the term, the explanation was not necessary.

Are you familiar with the difference between "information" and "advice"?

If basing your answer on liquid content then yes tea can hydrate you however tea contains caffeine and caffeine is diuretic, meaning it dehydrates you. Caffeine can also lead to increased and irregular heart rhythms. People serious about their training do not include caffeine in their diet.

And as for training while being sick, if you have light symptoms like runny nose etc that shouldn't stop you from training. I'm not saying you should train if you have a serious illness or severe influenza, but a common cold would never stop me from training.
            Last edited by Mickey Gomez; 02-29-2008, 09:24 PM.

Comment

If basing your answer on liquid content then yes tea can hydrate you however tea contains caffeine and caffeine is diuretic, meaning it dehydrates you. Caffeine can also lead to increased and irregular heart rhythms. People serious about their training do not include caffeine in their diet.
              Did you read the study I provided?

Comment

haha You talk as if you conducted the study yourself.

Yeah I read it, still doesn't take away from the fact caffeine is bad for you and should not be consumed by anyone who takes their sport serious.

Comment

haha You talk as if you conducted the study yourself.

Yeah I read it, still doesn't take away from the fact caffeine is bad for you and should not be consumed by anyone who takes their sport serious.
                  Soooo you either didn't read it or didn't understand it. Thank you for your posts.

Comment

I both read and understood. You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X