No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Allowed To Hold Both WBA Belts, Per New Order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
    Massive articles on the internet in 1988? I must have been too busy reading Playboy to notice.
    I guess my sarcasm was too much. Boxing online in 1988? I'm pretty sure back then DOS Prompts for .0000001% programs and Ring Mag offices were far from that let alone fans knowing what modems were back then on Apple IIes?

Comment

Jesus christ this sport is a ****ing joke lol. They dont even bother trying to hide corruption and bias anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
        More popular you are, the more you can do watu want in boxing.
        O-K YODA, I see YOU

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          Jesus christ this sport is a ****ing joke lol. They dont even bother trying to hide corruption and bias anymore
          So what is the WBA doing wrong in Canelo's case?

What is Mikey Garcia doing wrong by having the WBC belt still in his status benefit even though he's fighting for the IBF at 147? These are two distant weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
            1. Took away Rigo's belt for loss against Loma in 2 classes heavier division.
            2. Gifted Gervonta belt after his overweight for winning bum from lower division.
            3. Gave Gervonta Super belt at the same time downgrading real champion Machado.
            4. Stripping away Regular champions for unification fights yet not making them mandatory to Super champions.
            5. Existence of WBA Regular "world champion" belt at all.
            6... Yet allow WBA Regular unified with 2 belts in different division...
            The WBA regular belt can be unified. Canelo did it with Trout, Froch with Kessler etc

Comment

Once again another indication that sanctioning bodies are also all about the money. Smh, what a shame. I understand boxing is a business but at least the sanctioning bodies should have some sort of integrity to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                The WBA regular belt can be unified. Canelo did it with Trout, Froch with Kessler etc
                If we all agree that the Super WBA is THE BELT - CHAMPION - then the Regular isn't a "World Title." The lineage of "World" means you are deemed #1-Champion Of The World.

Canelo had the actual WBC belt. Trout had the Regular version of the WBA while Floyd still had the "Super." So all it meant that the loser loses the WBA Regular and has a shot at the WBA Super with Floyd Mayweather.

The Unification between Floyd and Canelo was TECHNICALLY a World Unification. We are getting confused that Trout lost his Regular belt but wasn't a unification. Just because we can casually call it a "unification" isn't technically correct with respect to lineage.

I wonder how many people still don't understand that Floyd, having the WBA Super since beating Cotto… the WBA Super wasn't vacant until Lara vs Foreman. That's the point of the article. Did Floyd ever defend his WBA Super against the long awaited Lara with his Regular.

Therefore, we're talking about Floyd having the WBA Super since Cotto up to his retirement vs Canelo having a secondary trinket called the Regular since December 15, 2018, 40 days ago. It's pure comedy how many boxing fans here don't get the point of the article. Have there been any from industry that Canelo must defend this 168 Regular belt since 40 days ago? Hells no! lol. It's not important, and Callum Smith has the real strap.

Here are more ******ed way industry uses "unification" just to make headlines. Is WBA Super + a WBA Regular a "unification?" That's utter ******ed and should be exclusive at the very least to different organzations…

Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 02-09-2019, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                  Once again another indication that sanctioning bodies are also all about the money. Smh, what a shame. I understand boxing is a business but at least the sanctioning bodies should have some sort of integrity to the sport.
                  You don't even know what you're complaining about. Don't you have an Instagram page with Mikey Garcia pics? He's about to fight at 147 and has a strap at 135. That's what you call "simultaneously."

Would you even make this opinion if Pacquiao had a Regular belt at 140 as well?

Don't be suckered by headlines. Read the article. It's a failed attempt to get readers view the Davis situation, and defame Alvarez at the same time, which doesn't make any sense. Seems like what Michael Montero would do..
                  Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 02-09-2019, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
                    Double sanctioning fees? Double sanctioning fees...Double sanctioning fees!
                    That's exactly what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
                      O-K YODA, I see YOU
                      Have no idea watu talking about or what that means.

Comment

Working...
                      X