Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol's Promoter: I Don't Want Kovalev - But it Might Be Fate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol's Promoter: I Don't Want Kovalev - But it Might Be Fate!

Promoter Andrei Ryabinsky of World of Boxing - who guide the career of WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol (12-0, 10 KOs) - predicts a very bright future for his fighter. Two weeks ago, Bivol made his HBO televised debut with a vicious first round knockout of Australian Trent Broadhurst. Bivol is now looking to unify the light heavyweight division - and that goal could include fighting two of his countrymen.
    [Click Here To Read More]

bivol, beter, and nail all second rate to kovelev

Comment

HBO will force this to happen, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        HBO will force this to happen, no doubt.
        Unless Krusher sucks against Shabranskyy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
          Unless Krusher sucks against Shabranskyy.
          Shabby is going to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            bivol, beter, and nail all second rate to kovelev
            As must as I disdain Kovalev, I think you are right. Beterbiev was terrible on saturday, Bivol is fight cans and people are making him the king of boxing.. And don't get me started on nail..

Comment

Originally posted by Herdis View Post
              As must as I disdain Kovalev, I think you are right. Beterbiev was terrible on saturday, Bivol is fight cans and people are making him the king of boxing.. And don't get me started on nail..
              I don’t get it at all.. kov would juice these guys for his resume 4 years ago i think cleverly would beat Bivol honestly
              Last edited by A.K; 11-14-2017, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Sometimes black American fighters don't want to fight each other, saying how they're close or know each other from the amateurs or whatever. But, there are so many of them on the American boxing stage, and America is such a big country, that it's normal for them to fight each other, usually. Russia is also a big country, but they don't have as many top boxers, so it is more rare, and less normal, for them to fight each other.

Given that in a perfect world, boxers from the same country might prefer to fight someone from another country instead of their own, why not accommodate these light heavyweights and start off the tournament with Russia vs America in every bracket? It seems to help the promotion and ticket sales sometimes too, plus it allows for a mash of styles.

So why not do that? Then, if all Americans win, or all Russians win, it's inevitable they fight each other, but if one of each keeps advancing every round, then you can keep repeating it that way.

So why not start off with Kovalev vs Jack? I guess Jack isn't American either but anyway. Why not Kovalev vs Jack? Gvozdyk vs Browne (oh yeah he ducked... which has proven the problem with this idea in the past. The American Al Haymon boxers always duck the Russian ones. But I can at least suggest a good idea!).

Kovalev vs Jack
                Bivol vs Barrera
                Beterbiev vs Stevenson
                Gvozdyk vs Ward
                Joe Smith injury replacement

winners fight. Etc. Why not do it that way?

Comment

HBO is a piece of crap.... build Kovalev up against ward, he loses..and then they basically act like the guy doesn't exist. This is what happens when people aren't a fan of fighters, but just support a fighter who is in opposition of a fighter they don't like.

Comment

Kov beats Bivol

Comment

Working...
                    X