Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBSS Fantasy Tournament: Joe Frazier KO's Lennox Lewis In Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    I just don’t see Frazier’s chin holding up he has no real wins with huge punchers , not ones over 6”4 . Tyson was a great counter puncher sturdy chin, never dropped with one punch . Frazier is very hittable ,slower and doesn’t have Tyson’s footwork to place him out of harms way .

I’d say high level of conditioning wouldn’t bypass getting hit by the bigger guys who are well over 30 pounds bigger then the average 70”s HW . I think today’s heavyweights actually got records in punch counts , didn’t Arreola vs Kownacki get the most thrown in a fight ? Don’t believe everything you here ,these guys are bigger athletes today , a well placed punch goes further then volume .
    ———————

I don’t disagree with you. I can see that happening because Lewis did end up revenging his losses to both Rahman and McCall BUT and this is a huge BUT, Lewis’ chin is suspect. Rahman was never a big puncher nor remotely close to Frazier in skills so I’m keeping my options open and would not be surprised at all when Lewis gets KO’d. In a mythical fight of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
      Good story about the value of computer simulations.
      In 1968 the US generals input all it's information on troop numbers, tanks, planes, helicopters, armored vehicles etc, along with what they knew the Viet Cong had into a "super computer" which took up the entire basement of the Pentagon (this was pre fiber optics) asking about US prospects for victory.
      So the computer runs all weekend and on Monday it spit's out it's answer, "You won the war in 1965." (Except nobody told the Viet Cong)
      Computer Simulations don't take into account political considerations.

If the US Military was allowed to do its job minus political calculations, they would of bombed out Hanoi worse the Dresdan, the Ho Chi Min trail would of been turned into a permanent Forrest fire we would of also allowed Chiang Kai Sek to attack the Chinese Mainland at the same time as a diversion. Politics prevented all of that.

Vietnam was lost because we lost the PR campaign, Ho Chi Minh himself thanked Walter Cronkite for saying we lost after the TeT Offensive (even thou it was THE LAST TIME Viet Minh ever fought us using conventional tactics because of how many casualties they lost).

This is why Media SHOULD NEVER be allowed to be embedded with Troops. Keep those leftest ****$$ outta the way.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        I thought Nelson was sh** tbh, I just think he picked up a title no one really cared about and defending it against a load of C level guys, credit to him for achieving far more than anyone expected and for fighting on the road a stuff but his only decent win was Thompson IMO. He got outclassed by guys like Warring and I thought he got a complete gift draw against Guillermo Jones. The other champions of his era like Gomez and Jirov would have beat Nelson easily IMO.

Used to love watching Huck, not the most skilled but blessed with toughness and an iron will. He was always in good fights. I always wanted to see him unify with Yoan Pablo Hernandez, would’ve been a big fight in Germany.
        Huck was robbed against Alexander Povetkin. I think he did enough to win that fight. Hernandez stayed injured.

I can’t really hate on Nelson I do agree with what you side. That seems to be the case for a lot of European champions outside of England.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Huck was robbed against Alexander Povetkin. I think he did enough to win that fight. Hernandez stayed injured.

I can’t really hate on Nelson I do agree with what you side. That seems to be the case for a lot of European champions outside of England.
          Yeah he was, I remember watching that fight on Boxnation over here, I was really rooting for Huck, I thought he edged it 115-113. Always enjoyed watching Huck he always left it all out there, the 2nd fight with Afolabi was a great watch, I actually thought Afolabi edged that, it got scored as an majority draw though.

That Hernandez was really talented but as you say was constantly injured.

Comment

It's random who wins, me and my kids used to put computer v computer and watch who wins, it's very random, we did Royal Rumbles on WWE too and tournaments on WWE and just watched the computer. If we did two of the same tournament, it would randomly have a different result, despite the players stats and such. Yes, we were sad, but it was enjoyable, and passed time, lol

Comment

Lewis got knocked out by Hasim Rahman, and everyone's all worked up that Joe Frazier may have been able to do it? Frazier beat MUHAMMAD ALI.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                They prolly said something similar before the Rahman and McCall fights. Also, history regards Joe Frazier as quite a bit more than a one-armed bar room brawler. Undisputed World Champ, Olympic Gold Medalist...

You are assuredly the ONLY person to ever call Joe Frazier that.
                Lennox was focussed on Bowe and Holyfield back then and was frustrated in having to fight someone like McCall. Any boxing fan knows you need to have proper focus when fighting anyone. But it's understandable when watching back then why Lennox felt that way. Not only that, but Lennox got back up but was stopped by the ref. Holmes for instance was allowed to continue in a much worse state against Shavers and won the fight. Lennox wasn't given the same chance.

As for the Rahman fight... That was the fault of Lennox as he had the undisputed title and was at the top where he belonged. However, he did turn up in the worst shape of his career only 10 days before the fight when he should have been there much sooner to get used to the altitude. That's why his mouth was wide open from the first round trying to get air in to his lungs. He would have been lethargic and spaced out. He clearly wasn't in any shape to fight. Anyone getting hit by a big right hand on the side of the jaw with their mouth open gets knocked out the same way. Doesn't matter who they are or how good their chin is. No one is taking that shot in that condition.

Lennox wouldn't treat Frazier in the same way. That's why he'd blow him away.

Frazier wasn't anything other than a good fighter. He only beat Ali and Ellis that were any good. He lost the first fight to a bum with even les talent than himself in Bonavena. Then he had a close fight with another bum in Bugner where his eye was closed. Sorry, but I see Frazier for what he was. He was a bar room brawler with one arm and bad eye sight. He had little to no talent. His resume isn't worth my time. Nor is the propaganda that he with the likes of Ali, Norton and foreman as ATG's. They weren't. Anyone can see that when watching their careers and how painfully thin their resumes are. Not to mention that the talent level is pretty much none existent.

And don't get me started on all the robberies Ali received. Shavers, 2 against Norton, Young, the Loosening of the ropes against Foreman so he could lean back from the swinging shots he threw.

Don't buy it. Never will. I'm not stupid. Same goes for bums like Marciano.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  Lennox was focussed on Bowe and Holyfield back then and was frustrated in having to fight someone like McCall. Any boxing fan knows you need to have proper focus when fighting anyone. But it's understandable when watching back then why Lennox felt that way. Not only that, but Lennox got back up but was stopped by the ref. Holmes for instance was allowed to continue in a much worse state against Shavers and won the fight. Lennox wasn't given the same chance.

As for the Rahman fight... That was the fault of Lennox as he had the undisputed title and was at the top where he belonged. However, he did turn up in the worst shape of his career only 10 days before the fight when he should have been there much sooner to get used to the altitude. That's why his mouth was wide open from the first round trying to get air in to his lungs. He would have been lethargic and spaced out. He clearly wasn't in any shape to fight. Anyone getting hit by a big right hand on the side of the jaw with their mouth open gets knocked out the same way. Doesn't matter who they are or how good their chin is. No one is taking that shot in that condition.

Lennox wouldn't treat Frazier in the same way. That's why he'd blow him away.

Frazier wasn't anything other than a good fighter. He only beat Ali and Ellis that were any good. He lost the first fight to a bum with even les talent than himself in Bonavena. Then he had a close fight with another bum in Bugner where his eye was closed. Sorry, but I see Frazier for what he was. He was a bar room brawler with one arm and bad eye sight. He had little to no talent. His resume isn't worth my time. Nor is the propaganda that he with the likes of Ali, Norton and foreman as ATG's. They weren't. Anyone can see that when watching their careers and how painfully thin their resumes are. Not to mention that the talent level is pretty much none existent.

And don't get me started on all the robberies Ali received. Shavers, 2 against Norton, Young, the Loosening of the ropes against Foreman so he could lean back from the swinging shots he threw.

Don't buy it. Never will. I'm not stupid. Same goes for bums like Marciano.
                  So, in summary, Lennox Lewis, allowing for excuses, is the the HW GOAT. Everybody else previously regarded as ATGs or greats in their respective eras are, in fact, talentless bums. Thus spake, Mr. Sid-knee, world-reknowned boxing authority (who started watching fights in the late 90's and never in his life stepped close to a boxing gym).
                  Last edited by NachoMan; 03-27-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Good Game.

Another great of a previous era beat another great in more recent era.

Comment

Working...
                    X