I want to become a professional boxer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
    Probably means low contact technical with a partner/line sparring
    I've never taken a boxing class much less seen one...I work out at a PAL. Sugar Ray Seales is a trainer there.

Comment

If your in Arizona's Hard knocks Gym its more of a fitness center than boxing gym. When you combine mma and fitness and boxing and other "classes" your in the wrong place!
      If you can get good individual attention from someone there that knows the basics and can guide & correct you for now its good.
      However every fighter needs a trainer who teaches and respects him.
      The fact that your here isn't a good sign that your being taught & guided.
      Not much anyone can say without being in that gym, give it more time and see if you get more instruction to work on.
      Nothing wrong with trying other gyms if their avalible.
      Ray

Comment

Honestly, I think he's just really excited about boxing and eager to learn as much as possible. He wants to think 20 steps ahead but the best thing to do in boxing for him right now is to concentrate on the now and focus on learning the basics and mastering them. A couple months down the road or a year, amateurs might be a good option. Take things slow and don't half ass anything. Schooling or Boxing wise, making a living off of boxing is rare.

Comment

I don't know if it's considering sparing but we basically fight but without the ring

Comment

I'm from Montreal, Canada. HardKnox Boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'
              You're an amateur who would fight 1-1/2 min rounds to begin, 3 hours per workout is WAY TOO MUCH. even for pros 3 hours is a long work.

I started when I was 14, turned pro at 21 after around 60 amateur bouts and fought out of Jackie Kallens Galaxy stable in Michigan. If you set your mind right you can do just about anything. I decided when I was 15 or so that I wanted to fight pro too, on tv and especially at the Palace of Auburn Hills. I got to do that, with nothing but good hard work.

You can train as a professional while still just an amateur, it's all in your work ethic. But keep your workouts limited to an hour to an hour and a half max. At your age you can actually do more harm than good trying to work as long as pros.

It's the toughest thing that you could dream of doing, but if your whole hearted and forthright in your dedication you could accomplish things that will amaze yourself. It all comes down to how bad do you really want it. You can say whatever you want but it comes down to showing up the next day to bust your ass again, even after getting your ass handed to you. Even when your muscles are so sore from the previous days work that you can barely walk. Even when your eye is purple and the inside of your mouth is torn up, you show up and work through it.

Other than that, it's a cake walk.

The amateurs are a great experience all about learning. The pros are a great experience that's all about damage. You'll see. Get your degree while you're fighting.
              Wow, that's dope!!

What do you suggest me to do as a beginner. Lift weight, etc. Like a full workout for 1:30H. I'm so hyped.

Comment

Working...
              X