Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Sounds Off on Luis Ortiz and His Team Over Joshua Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
    Then they were ill-advised...
    If you are fighting for 100k - 300K and somebody offers you $2million, you would be very ill-advised if you turned it down because your opponent is getting $40million, whether he fights you or not.

That really would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
      Actually, that's exactly how it works. Unless the fighter is desperate for a title shot, the money, or both, and is willing to accept anything. And, again, PBC fighters receive much more than their listed purse, so you don't know how much Ortiz has made in any of his fights.
      How do you know PBC fighters receive more than their listed purse???

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
        It’s weird how the trainers and coaches disappear when someone gets caught. My guess is Miller thought he was on undetectable juice or it’s just an outrageous duck to keep his O intact.
        3 different types of undetectable juice?

Comment

Too much hands in the pot type of situation it seems for Ortiz and it is nothing he can do about it. Again, very common for the Cuban fighters, same thing happened to Rigondeaux and Caribe Promotions

When you defect and you're in America illegally and you want to stay and not get deported, you will sign anything and will sign with anybody who you THINK can help you. So they end up signing their name in blood with some Scam Artist usually from Florida and they use these fighters to try and make themselves rich

Sounds like this is what happened here and that is unfortunate

Comment

I'm sick of Al Haymon and PBC. I used to be a big fan of theirs but they overcomplicate matters. Let's face it, PBC denied this fight because they want to run the show and pocket as much money for themselves and not the fighter. They also have no interest in helping other boxing outlets succeed (ESPN, DAZN). Ortiz is 40 and will not have another legacy building opportunity again. The guy has probably grossed less than $7M for his entire career.

Comment

It's all becoming transparent now who is ducking who and my experience and knowledge tells me there is a three way shootout going on here and matchroom and Joshua are the only ones who will not panic into over paying and exposing themselves to huge losses.. sure PDC and top rank will not lose out through their gamble of brinkmanship but their fighters probably will ..

Comment

$7 million was a great offer. Luis Ortiz should have taken it.

Dumb move not to.

If it's the fault of his promoters then he needs to get away from them as soon as possible. They obviously don't have his best interests at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  $7 million was a great offer. Luis Ortiz should have taken it.

Dumb move not to.

If it's the fault of his promoters then he needs to get away from them as soon as possible. They obviously don't have his best interests at heart.
                  He Can't, that is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
                    Im gonna be straight up. I was one of the guys who thought that AJ and Hearn would forever duck Wilder and Ortiz but Now I see that AJ is the TRUE boogie man of the heavyweight division. Not saying the other fighters are sacred but they just dont want that AJ smoke right now for whatever reason . I man enough to admit that.
                    Fair play to you mate, I hope others like you are man enough to see it too.

As boxing fans we should all want to see the best fight the best when they're at their best.

When it's clear as day that one side is avoiding that happening then all boxing fans everywhere should be condemning it.

Comment

Team Ortiz funked up

Obviously he still had gear in his system when he turned the fight down

Cheating s**thouse

Comment

Working...
                      X