No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields Fights A Bigger Battle Than The One Against Hammer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Why is it you get mad at everyone that does the exact same thing you do? You use every major fight that happens to spread your personal agenda.
    You probably wrote this bull****. Youre boxingscenes resident male feminist.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      You probably wrote this bull****. Youre boxingscenes resident male feminist.
      WTF? Oh yeah that's right you thought Pulev was being a "real man" when he kissed that chick against her will.

Well bring your mom, sister, and girlfriend around me and I will give each of them the "Black Pulev". WHen they come to you crying make sure to act like a "real man".

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        WTF? Oh yeah that's right you thought Pulev was being a "real man" when he kissed that chick against her will.

Well bring your mom, sister, and girlfriend around me and I will give each of them the "Black Pulev". WHen they come to you crying make sure to act like a "real man".
        They'd smell you coming before you could get close enough

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          They'd smell you coming before you could get close enough
          ok. just make sure when they come home crying that you tell them its no big deal and that they really wanted it because of the way they dressed.

Comment

40% of all athletes are women. What percentage of them are the best at what they do? Single digits I'd guess? Men in their skill range don't get a lot of exposure either, because they are bad and nobody wants to watch them.

They want equality but also fight 2 minute rounds because they are physically inferior to men, therefore inferior athletes in general.

I'm getting tired of people ignoring basic facts to push their agenda.

Comment

SOOOO sick of hearing this bull****. Curious when women are going to be eligible for the draft... Please stop trying to hype her up comparing her to Muhammad Ali. She isn't and never will be. Ali had a higher IQ in his pinky finger. Shields SHOULD have every single person pulling for her and being a fan of hers. There's a reason so many aren't, and it has NOTHING to do with the fact that she's black, a woman, etc, etc. She was welcomed to train at a local gym near me for FREE. She ended up being a complete **** and afterwards went as far as blasting them on social media. You should have heard the NAME PROS in the gym talk about her. I was shocked. You'll notice she was training in Miami this time as she wasn't welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                What a load of ignorant bullocks. I agree with you about some of the feminism remarks but to say women shouldn't be competing in combat sports and can't relate to fighting in their lives is BS. I can guarantee there are women out there your size who have had to fight all their lives and would probably beat you down easy. I'm just against constant complaining about lack of rights and opportunities when women have never had it better in the western world. When I hear about legitimately poor women in abusive, oppressive situations in third world countries or countries where there are laws to keep women from succeeding or improving their life condition I am concerned. When I hear complaints from elite female celebrities on tv about gender inequality, if they are just blowing smoke and not willing to actually put their money and influence behind helping women who are actually being taken advantage of, I have a problem.
                Women can compete in whatever they want but i personally don't see the appeal of it because like i said they are worse in every aspect. When it comes to fighting it's also not strictly a sport like throwing a ball or jumping a hoop - it's a whole phenomenon in it's own unique way almost mythological. Perhaps I don't know how to explain it more eloquently but since it's basically a battle it matters that Lewis would have the power to shatter someone while Shields wouldn't, 100x more than it does that a woman tennis player plays worse than Djokovic does. Boxing has connotations to real life and to manliness in a way that women just can't deliver on.

Can a woman beat a man? Some can. But that isn't the main point the point is that getting into fights is not part of their biological gender/femininity so they won't feel and relate to the same things men do. The warrior ethos is a manly domain and always has been it's not just strength but the whole biological structure of the genders.

Comment

Comment

See, it's shxt like this that annoys me, a fan of women's sports.

I respect Claressa & other female athletes. Hell, I'm even a fan of the WNBA, but these women have to understand that you're not entitled to fame and fortune. Nobody owes you anything.

So what Floyd makes what he makes?

He sets Pay-Per-View records every time he steps in a damned ring.

People watch what they want to watch and if they don't want to watch women fighting that's their perogative.

It's your job to make people want to watch

Comment

this is the strangest article I have ever read

Comment

Working...
                      X