Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs. Gennady Golovkin @ 168.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think Golovkin is better. I think he would have won.

Comment

Great fight, absolute tear up. Even a couple years back when this fight was discussed and Golovkin was on a big ko streak there were doubts whether Golovkin could carry up his power to 168 and now since he fought elite comp at 160 he hasn't shown the same brutality as before at 160 let alone 168. Yeah he probably is slightly past it but it's hard to ignore the elite part because we never saw how he did against elite fighters at 160 when he was a bit younger, not always his fault but still true.

So yeah, there's too much uncertainty for me to pick Golovkin over Froch at 168, Froch was as durable as they come and the proven fighter at that weight against elite comp. Sure Froch had flaws and Golovkin had a great amateur background with better fundamentals but i can't see this being anything other than a war with how the styles would clash and I see Froch winning the battle of attrition.

Comment

GGG would win.

Comment

Froch is all sorts of wrong for him. GGG has no advantages not even power at SMW.
          Froch would of beaten the **** out of Golovkin and it wouldn't of even been close.

A guy who can't even get a convincing win over a top 3 mw in its weakest era ain't got **** for a savage af SMW in Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Froch is a very over rated fellow. He has the worst jab I've ever seen and Golovkin's right hand will be firing right over that jab that falls down to his knees.
            Froch would get hit and hit often, I don't care what the weights are he simply is a C+/B- guy against a B+/A- guy.

Ray
            You know your Boxing, Ray...I'm giving you some of that green k...

At their bests, Golovkin seperates Froch from his senses with a 2 or 3 punch combination around mid fight...

Froch's bow 'n' arrow jabs, paint brush crosses, and willingness to trade would cost him dearly...

Comment

Good fight early i see ggg tko froch late

Comment

Froch would win this. If fights were based purely on skill Froch would have lost every fight from Pascal on (Mack aside).

But they are not based purely on skill, Froch is the living embodiment of that. GGG is too small and his power is overrated. Froch beat fighters who had jabs, power, speed, skill, and size.

Jermain Taylor as one example - had all those things. He competed with everyone he fought, and only beaten one time clearly, by the best fighter of his generation. Even then he was pretty competitive and coming on strong against a tiring Ward.

I heard someone call him a C+/B- fighter, that may be true in terms of visible talent, but his power was elite, his chin was elite, and his intangibles were A++, and thats why he was a top fighter, and likely HOF'er.

Comment

Froch's chin wasn't that great. Taylor almost knocked him out and Groves had him down and hurt. GGG is the one with the iron jaw who has never been down or noticeable hurt in his hundreds of amateur fights and his entire pro career. GGG is a better all around boxer than Froch and he has a great left jab that would land often on Froch. GGG is a harder puncher than Froch. I don't think Froch's 8 pound weight edge would save him from being KOed by GGG. Nobody knows who wins these fantasy fights. We are all just guessing. My guess is GGG wins by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Froch would win this. If fights were based purely on skill Froch would have lost every fight from Pascal on (Mack aside).

But they are not based purely on skill, Froch is the living embodiment of that. GGG is too small and his power is overrated. Froch beat fighters who had jabs, power, speed, skill, and size.

Jermain Taylor as one example - had all those things. He competed with everyone he fought, and only beaten one time clearly, by the best fighter of his generation. Even then he was pretty competitive and coming on strong against a tiring Ward.

I heard someone call him a C+/B- fighter, that may be true in terms of visible talent, but his power was elite, his chin was elite, and his intangibles were A++, and thats why he was a top fighter, and likely HOF'er.
                    The delusion is great in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Wizard View Post
                      G-string was schooled and wobbled by Lil Saul Canelo at 160 lmfao.

At 168 Prime Froch (not old scared Froch) would have beaten the piss and sht out of Lil G, get real now.
                      You're delusional. Everything you said is wrong. Get real now lil Harry potter

Comment

Working...
                      X