No announcement yet.

Boxer2k5 Training Schedule

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxer2k5 Training Schedule

hey boxer2k5, i was wondering dat coz ur a good amateur fighter, wat ur trainin routine was like?

ill post it lata im tired

Comment

go in around 5 530

start stretching for like 15 mins

shadow box for like 15 mins

jump rope for 15 mins

4x3min roudn heavy bag
      3x3 double end bag
      3x3 pad work

i do speed bag inbetween roudns most of the time

3 sets 50, 40, 30 flutter kicks
      same sets for bicycle kicks
      same sets for leg raises
      same sets for crunches where i kick my
      legs straight out

5x50 pushups
      10x10 pullups
      100 arm rotations 6 different ways
      50 kickouts
      50 squats
      100 calf raises

thats a normal day
      some days are different
      some conist of medicine ball workouts
      days of sparring i dont do much of those other lil things
      when i go to other gyms all i do is spar

i got to start running more
      i pretty much cut that out of my
      training lol

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5
        go in around 5 530

start stretching for like 15 mins

shadow box for like 15 mins

jump rope for 15 mins

4x3min roudn heavy bag
        3x3 double end bag
        3x3 pad work

i do speed bag inbetween roudns most of the time

3 sets 50, 40, 30 flutter kicks
        same sets for bicycle kicks
        same sets for leg raises
        same sets for crunches where i kick my
        legs straight out

5x50 pushups
        10x10 pullups
        100 arm rotations 6 different ways
        50 kickouts
        50 squats
        100 calf raises

thats a normal day
        some days are different
        some conist of medicine ball workouts
        days of sparring i dont do much of those other lil things
        when i go to other gyms all i do is spar

i got to start running more
        i pretty much cut that out of my
        training lol
        any more you forgot about while writing out that long list.

bloody hell, you do alot.

makes mine look slightly easy.

oh well.

Comment

Can I give you advice ? What a ****, I give it however:

Alternate your training routine as much as possible. After every three weeks you should change your routine by changing work-outs and by increasing intensity. Otherwise you wonīt progress.

My opinion is, that you should use the shadowboxing in the different way. When it is done correctly it is the best way to train alone.

The most important thing is, that it prepares you to miss, what you actually do most in the fight.
          When shadowboxing you can move exactly as in a fight, it helps you to get better footwork. You canīt get it by doing bag work.
          When shadowboxing you always punch out to your maximal reach. In bag work you easily hit by the wrong way and your arms stay bend in the end of the punch.
          You can practise all the combos in shadowboxing, even those which are difficult for you to perform in the actual fight or sparring.
          Shadowboxing can improve all the following aspects: footwork, hand speed, balance, technique and stamina.

However the bag works are also important but my advice is to shadowbox at least 4-6 intense rounds / training session. Donīt use this invaluable tool just for 15 minutes warm-up.

Comment

I disagree about the shadowboxing element. I've only found it effective as either a warm-up tool, or a later-on activity if you just want to give your muscles a quick flexible jolt. The art of punching is hitting something not missing. Sure, you'll miss quite a bit during a fight, but bag work builds muscle mass, tendons, cuts, and yields a cardio workout at the same time. Shadowboxing let's you practice combos and what not, just without the muscle building and tendon strength.

I've just seen no clear cut advantage from shadowboxing, unless you're the next Sugar Ray Leonard.

If you do shadowbox though, I wouldn't do it in front of a mirror or wall. I'd work on my footwork, which would mean you'd have to circle around something and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by antseezee
              I disagree about the shadowboxing element. I've only found it effective as either a warm-up tool, or a later-on activity if you just want to give your muscles a quick flexible jolt. The art of punching is hitting something not missing. Sure, you'll miss quite a bit during a fight, but bag work builds muscle mass, tendons, cuts, and yields a cardio workout at the same time. Shadowboxing let's you practice combos and what not, just without the muscle building and tendon strength.

I've just seen no clear cut advantage from shadowboxing, unless you're the next Sugar Ray Leonard.

If you do shadowbox though, I wouldn't do it in front of a mirror or wall. I'd work on my footwork, which would mean you'd have to circle around something and what not.
              As you can see I didnīt advice to cut off the bag work. I only told to alternate the way of shadowboxing. Of course the bag work does all the things you mentioned, but I wasnīt talking about that.

The art of hitting is the one half of the equation. The other half is missing, and I think that it is in everybodys case the bigger half. Of course you have to get comfortable to hit but you also have to get comfortable to miss.

Donīt just forget that.

You can do the bag work as earlier but donīt use shadowboxing only as warm-up tool. Give out all you can also when shadowboxing, I meant really ALL, and youīll notice that it isnīt just for warming-up or cooling down. It is going to be a damn hard work.

Imagine all the time when shadowboxing that you have a real adversary chasing you, who throws all kind of punches. Your work is to counter, block and avoid these punches. Attack by combinations and retreat again. Cut off the ring, escape from ropes, do the infightning, clinching etc etc.

Use your imagination. Donīt just throw useless warm-up or cooling down motions. Be there and work hard.

Comment

i never said i use it jsut for warmup
                i just said i do it for liek 15 mins
                and i do it early in my workout

my workout changes alot
                depending on what my trainer wants
                me to do or work on

i feel all my workous are imporant
                and all will help me win fights

Comment

My trainer always told me that shadowboxing was most important of all, right up there with roadwork. You ought to shadowbox for about an hour a day throughout the day. Shadwobox anytime you're alone and have nothing else to do. Don't forget to visualize an imaginary opponent.

Shadowboxing is like ultralight sparring that can be done intensely and for long periods of time without any ill effects whatsoever. It doesn't take a Harvard graduate to realize just how useful such a thing is. The truth is, shadowboxing gets boring quickly compared to jump rope and hitting the bags, so most people neglected it.

I'd be interested in seeing the boxer in action who shadowboxed for three, even four hours a day, assuming that anyone in this day and age has that kind of focus.

Comment

shadowboxing is cool and all and important but
                    i wouldnt say msot important

the most important workout to me is sparring
                    thats the only real workout that will prepare you
                    for the fight mentaly and physically

theres guys at my gym that run faster and longer than me
                    do mroe pullups pushups
                    more cut than me

but when we spar i beat their asses as if they never boxed before

sparring is the best workout to me
                    it tells me where my wind is
                    and what i need to work on

Comment

Working...
                    X