Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Peterson Expected to Be Announced on Saturday for 1/13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And for all the Peterson haters. What happens if he pulls off the upset??? Does that make Spence simply a hype job or will it prove that Peterson has skills and has been underrated. The mind set of average boxing fans amazes me. When you fight stiff competition and lose some of them, they claim you're a nobody or bum. But its fighters like Peterson who I have the most respect for because they don't get to pick a choose their opponents. They are thrown to the wolves. What if that was Thurman or Garcia being thrown to the wolves throughout their career??? Would they have the same record they have now??? I like Thurman and Garcia...I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      You must be remembering another fight. Either that or you're Khan's dad
      The Khan 'fans' are as deluded as the idiot himself.....it was
      the 'man in the hat'...lol....poor people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        You must be remembering another fight. Either that or you're Khan's dad
        lmao, not its just been 6 years lol, I guess I have to rewatch it, but I'm pretty sure Bradley shut him out

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Why has this fight taken so long to occur? This means that both guys will have had only one fight in 2017.
          Just like Matthyse, Nicholas Waters, Felix Verdejo Victor Postol..
          Most fighters are only fighting twice a year anyway.

Comment

I can't believe PEDerson is still getting opportunity after opportunity. His last truly world class win was what, 6 years ago over Khan? lol

But at least Spence is getting a fight....although 2017 has pretty much been wasted and he never capitalised on Brook win. Hopefully he gets this out the way and can join up with a better promoter.

Comment

I like this fight! I hope it's an inside fight WAR!!!

Comment

If anyone can beat Spence, its Peterson

Peterson beat Garcia, did not get the decision. He has good body attack and can box. How will he keep Spence off of him, I think it will have to be a close fight, hit block and attack the body. Spence is all power, no boxing, no head movement. That power is enough to win so far.

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Errol Spence Jr. will return to the ring just after the start of 2018. BoxingScene.com has learned Spence will defend his IBF welterweight title against Lamont Peterson on January 13, Spence's 28th birthday. Showtime is expected to televise the Spence-Peterson bout. Spence's return probably will be announced Saturday during a press conference in Brooklyn, before the start of Showtime's 154-pound championship tripleheader from Barclays Center (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT). The site for the card headlined by Spence-Peterson hasn't been confirmed.
                [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Interesting fight. Peterson is a better fighter than when he fought Bradley many, many years ago. I expect Spence to win but seriously, no one would think he'll jump to elite status for beating Peterson? That's like someone thinking Khan elevated to boxing supremacy for beating Devon Alexander.

Comment

Now this is a fight

If Lamont stands his ground and doesn't try to box like he did against Garcia, Spence is in for a long night

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      Now this is a fight

If Lamont stands his ground and doesn't try to box like he did against Garcia, Spence is in for a long night
                      I think the other way around .If Lamont stands his ground he will be a sitting duck for Spence.Lamont can take the pushers and punchers of inferior fighters such as khan and reckless Garcia but Spence will prove to be his undoing.

Comment

Working...
                      X