No announcement yet.

GGG's Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    You can argue whether he should or shouldn't have been. That's another story.

But the fact is he was universally P4P #3 at the time.

And another fact is Whitaker was NOT ranked in the P4P list when he fought Tito.
    mosley was NOT a top 3 fighter when floyd fought him. That is complete bs hahaha. Everyone had picked Margarito to destroy him cuz he was already past his prime in that fight. But I know why you're saying this. You did a google search for the ring magazine pfp rankings of 2009 and came here to post that nonsense like everyone here doesn't remember 2009. At the time, Mosley had no so impressive wins over vargas, Mayorga, and 2 losses to Wright and Cotto.

Comment

• If ggg never fights again, he will still be talked about, but much more as a what if

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        One publications ranking isn't universal.
        Literally every list had him #3.

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyr View Post
          mosley was NOT a top 3 fighter when floyd fought him. That is complete bs hahaha. Everyone had picked Margarito to destroy him cuz he was already past his prime in that fight. But I know why you're saying this. You did a google search for the ring magazine pfp rankings of 2009 and came here to post that nonsense like everyone here doesn't remember 2009. At the time, Mosley had no so impressive wins over vargas, Mayorga, and 2 losses to Wright and Cotto.
          He actually was ranked #3 P4P. Not just by The Ring but on every list there was.

I didn't have to google it becuase I was there.

So how exactly is it BS? It's literally a fact.

Comment

He actually was ranked #3 P4P. Not just by The Ring but on every list there was.

I didn't have to google it becuase I was there.

So how exactly is it BS? It's literally a fact.
            Again, a mythical pound for pound ranking isn't a fact. Mayorga was once in a pound for pound list (all of them) but I think it's fair to say he really wasn't though. Clearly these lists were wrong on Mosley based on age, being washed up, his results before and after and the fact he had one good clean win in a decade and that opponent turned out to be garbage without his hand wraps.

Ring also broke their rules (probably to generate PPV sales or whatever) because their policy states a fighter must be dropped if inactive for 12 months and Mosley was 16 months inactive.

Comment

Not really. Merely stating facts.

Mosley was universally considered P4P #3 when Floyd fought him. Fact.

Whitaker was not ranked on the P4P list when Tito fought him. Fact.
              Facts...yeah right...

p4p #3 sounds real good to someone unsuspecting, but the real was:

Mosley was also long in the tooth in boxing years, had already been raked through the coals by forrest and wright, and was in tough with vargas 2X, and cotto...had been on the shelf for over a year...

you seriously consider that a win over a prime elite fighter?

of course you do, you're a floyd boy...

it was a good seniors tour win like i said...

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Again, a mythical pound for pound ranking isn't a fact. Mayorga was once in a pound for pound list (all of them) but I think it's fair to say he really wasn't though. Clearly these lists were wrong on Mosley based on age, being washed up, his results before and after and the fact he had one good clean win in a decade and that opponent turned out to be garbage without his hand wraps.

Ring also broke their rules (probably to generate PPV sales or whatever) because their policy states a fighter must be dropped if inactive for 12 months and Mosley was 16 months inactive.
                Again, you can argue whether he should or shouldn't have been all you want. That's another story.

But the fact is he ranked #3 P4P across the board. Not just by The Ring. Again, fact.

And you are wrong again, you get dropped from the rankings if you don't have a fight sceduled in 12 months and he was sceduled to fight Andre Berto in January 2010. That's why he kept his #3 ranking.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  Facts...yeah right...

p4p #3 sounds real good to someone unsuspecting, but the real was:

Mosley was also long in the tooth in boxing years, had already been raked through the coals by forrest and wright, and was in tough with vargas 2X, and cotto...had been on the shelf for over a year...

you seriously consider that a win over a prime elite fighter?

of course you do, you're a floyd boy...

it was a good seniors tour win like i said...
                  It is literally a stone cold fact that he was ranked #3 P4P at that time.

You can tell me why you disagree all you like that doesn'r change the fact that he was ranked #3 P4P. And just to reiterate, that's a fact.

I didn't say anything about the win being elite or whatever. Merely stating the fact that he was P4P #3 at that time. Universally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                    That fool has Haglar in his avi......a man that never ever beat an all time great in their prime and a man that lost to a man that was three years inactive.

lol... hagler has 3 bonafide, high rank atg's on his resume with 2 wins, 1 loss
                    the loss was a controversial, split decision to an all-time great who is arguably top 10..no shame in that...

above that, compared to your man-crush floyd, duran and hearns weren't raked thru the coals by the time hagler fought them unlike the way cotto (2tkos) and manny (put to sleep) were...hagler never stalled a fight because he was scared of a fighter's power, like your man crush floyd does with threats...

Comment

Again, you can argue whether he should or shouldn't have been all you want. That's another story.

But the fact is he ranked #3 P4P across the board. Not just by The Ring. Again, fact.

And you are wrong again, you get dropped from the rankings if you don't have a fight sceduled in 12 months and he was sceduled to fight Andre Berto in January 2010. That's why he kept his #3 ranking.
                      Don't you get it yet IronDan? When Floyd is the topic of discussion facts do not matter, only opinions. So no matter where Mosley was, CJS, djtmal, and others will go with their opinion of where he was otherwise they would have to give credit to Floyd, which they will not do.

Mosley is an especially sore spot for most of these guys because he refused to fight Floyd over his toothache when they said Floyd was afraid of him. Then he finally came around only after floyd had sold big with ODH and Hatton.

Then he landed 2 great punches, which made all these guys jump for joy. They all thought Floyd was done only to have him landing punches before the round was over.

Comment

Working...
                      X