Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salvador Sanchez...... How would he fare/fair today..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--- Class of 1991, 27 yrs ago...

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Salvador_Sanchez

Comment

That Gomez fight... Sanchez was fantastic. Real power at a weight class where it is a much desired commodity. I have to agree with Houdini... they really do not make em like that anymore! And you see similar grit and tenacity with Lopez and Gomez. These guys came to fight and may have eaten goose and chicken but would not touch a "Duck."

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        I'm an old dude, many of you guys know me. Sal is my number 1 ATG. As a high school student, when my uncles who made me box told me he died, I was devestated... I didn't believe it was possible that an iron chinned Mexican warrior could die in a car crash... I'm Jew..... I sat shiva... I wept...

How good was S Sanchez?
        Good to see you back Z! My grandfather was a very powerful man..He allegedly lifted the back of a 57 car...etc. Well one day some punks on the subway were harassing a women and he had it out with them... he had been drinking a bit, so he brought his B game...This was about 1962 before I was born, and my mother told me this story...So she catches a cab over to his house and he is pretty bloodied up and all. She gasps "dad!!" allegedly he said "Honey you should see how they look!"

And I thought of Sanchez, as that event happened and he ascended to his heavenly abode, as people were grieving, I thought of his voice from that abode saying "You should see how the car looks!!"

Comment

Sanchez was great. I remember a friend wanted to me to go see Danny "Little Red" Lopez fight with him. He was fighting some unknown guy from Mexico. I ended up not going. Lopez was upset that night. So was I. That "guy" was Salvador Sanchez.

Comment

Dal was at his best vs Gomez. Those counterpunches as Gomez thought he had Sal trapped along the ropes. The effortless pinpoint combinations. The power. That footwork. All this plus he never changed his expression. Sal is one fighter you NEVER could tell if he was hurt.

It’s a crime that he is not in the HOF. It’s unjustifiable.

Comment

--- IBHOF Class of 1991, but of course you were still learning to tie your shoes so can be forgiven...

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                Dal was at his best vs Gomez. Those counterpunches as Gomez thought he had Sal trapped along the ropes. The effortless pinpoint combinations. The power. That footwork. All this plus he never changed his expression. Sal is one fighter you NEVER could tell if he was hurt.

It’s a crime that he is not in the HOF. It’s unjustifiable.
                Why isn't he in the HOF? that is a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  --- IBHOF Class of 1991, but of course you were still learning to tie your shoes so can be forgiven...
                  whoops didn't see this. makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    So it's agreed then, ATG in any era. And if so, then why is he not in the IBHOF? Has he not been inducted?

And if the question is taken literally, he would not do too well at all, since the gentleman in question is 6 feet under.
                    ATG in any any era....he loved puntang and driving fast... (Died car wreck)
                    Greats often can't deal with the fame and fortune.

I got one buddy, too much money, and it ruined his life. I just want enough. I couldn't deal with fame or fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      Sanchez was great. I remember a friend wanted to me to go see Danny "Little Red" Lopez fight with him. He was fighting some unknown guy from Mexico. I ended up not going. Lopez was upset that night. So was I. That "guy" was Salvador Sanchez.
                      My uncle Mauricio who died recently took me to the forum, I'm a young old guy. I saw lil Red talk a z z beatings, and come back and win, his 15 round battles are etched in history, but, I liked Sanchez, his Mexicano--Afro, strong chin, I knew,, I just knew... He'd beat lil red. My uncle paid me, 5 dollars, he was or appeared to be angry, we were watching on a RCA tv. I wept when my uncle Mauricio told me, "your idol fights good, but he just died in a car accident."

Comment

Working...
                      X