Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pedraza's Coach: Teofimo Lopez Brings Nothing To The Table!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
    What about NOT being laughingstock for being afraid to fight against a prospect? I would call that a gain. If you are so tough - then go fight if fans want it. Fans and experts DO want it so that pretty much sums it up.
    How do we even know he's afraid of Lopez? Just cause he has no interest in fighting Lopez doesn't mean he's scared or is ducking him. I don't think he cares about the minority group of casuals laughing at him or saying he's scared of Lopez. Let the man be and control his own destiny. If you're sold on Lopez being a contender let him fight Mikey Garcia if he can't get the Loma fight since he been calling Mikey out.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Pretty sure Mikey still holds the WBC, only saw the IBF strip him. So a title shot would be Loma, Comney or Garcia.
      Mikey will likely have to be stripped soon especially if he somehow pulls a miracle and beats Spence for the IBF welterweight title!

We all know Mikey isn’t coming back to 135 win, loss or draw!

WBC title will be vacant and that’s where Bob comes in and work his magic to get Teofimo a shot at a world eliminator for when it becomes vacant!

I just read that Loma is gonna get first dibs at the new champ Commey for the IBF so that leaves Lopez with trying to get the WBC!

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
        How do we even know he's afraid of Lopez? Just cause he has no interest in fighting Lopez doesn't mean he's scared or is ducking him. I don't think he cares about the minority group of casuals laughing at him or saying he's scared of Lopez. Let the man be and control his own destiny. If you're sold on Lopez being a contender let him fight Mikey Garcia if he can't get the Loma fight since he been calling Mikey out.
        How do we know champions are afraid of those young and hungry contenders who they ignore "because those give nothing" yet then fight cherries with tailor-made style?
        Answer: because we are not brain-dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          In the sport of prizefighting Pedraza would take less money to fight someone else than fight Lopez in a showcase on Espn for more money. We all know why. It goes without saying Top Rank would offer him more money to fight Lopez. Everyone wants that fight next but Pedraza.
          I doubt tightwad Bob is gonna pay Pedraza what its worth to Pedraza to take this no win situation fight.

And who's calling out Lopez? The top guys would surely see a similar no win situation so I'm sure guys will answer "I'll fight anyone" or similar minded sh^t but the reality is you only got so many fights to fight so you gotta make the most of your time so if things got to talks they likely wouldn't go far cuz their is no money or prestige or belt to get some sorta W here.

Its a classic juice not worth the squeeze situation. And its even not worth it 10x more than usual cuz Lopez hasn't done sh^t yet cept what he's supposed to have done in mostly standard run of the mill prospect setup fights.

At the level Lopez is trying to enter into now this is a business as well as a sport. And if he's as good as most of us seem to think he'll be in a similar spot as Pedraza one day where it won't make a f#cking ounce of sense in the world for him to fight a prospect with barely a live body on his record & I look forward to seeing the same people calling Pedraza a "ducker" now will not call Lopez a ducker then cuz its 100% going to happen. We've seen this happen over n over.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            Mikey will likely have to be stripped soon especially if he somehow pulls a miracle and beats Spence for the IBF welterweight title!

We all know Mikey isn’t coming back to 135 win, loss or draw!

WBC title will be vacant and that’s where Bob comes in and work his magic to get Teofimo a shot at a world eliminator for when it becomes vacant!

I just read that Loma is gonna get first dibs at the new champ Commey for the IBF so that leaves Lopez with trying to get the WBC!
            Lopez is ranked #11 by the WBC. So Bob pulls some strings and gets him in there against #1 Campbell and you think Lopez is ready for that?

Comment

How do we know champions are afraid of those young and hungry contenders who they ignore "because those give nothing" yet then fight cherries with tailor-made style?
              Answer: because we are not brain-dead?
              Again, it doesn't benefit the champion fighting a prospect who has nothing to offer. Is Francisco Vargas scared for choosing not to fight a prospect (Hernandez) and instead chose to fight for a title (Machado)? Fighters like Pedraza or Vargas want the tougher fights, something that is going to get them closer for a chance at a title. Some prospects want the bigger names but they gotta work from the bottom to the top. Lopez is still green. Power and speed is not enough to take on the elites. Those spin or jump attacks he does just for show will not work with fighters like Mikey or Loma. He's not ready and has not earned his shot at a title

Comment

Again, it doesn't benefit the champion fighting a prospect who has nothing to offer. Is Francisco Vargas scared for choosing not to fight a prospect (Hernandez) and instead chose to fight for a title (Machado)? Fighters like Pedraza or Vargas want the tougher fights, something that is going to get them closer for a chance at a title. Some prospects want the bigger names but they gotta work from the bottom to the top.
                Well, you tell me what better options Pedraza already has and then we talk, alright? No need to give other examples with different stories underneath. If he doesn't have a better option already then why has he already declined Lopez fight "unless a title is on stake"? Why "title" should be mentioned if there is no title offer ATM?
                He's not ready and has not earned his shot at a title
                Lopez isn't green and he wants Pedraza now, not title shot now.
                Last edited by Ajvar; 02-05-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Well, you tell me what better options Pedraza already has and then we talk, alright? No need to give other examples with different stories underneath. If he doesn't have a better option already then why has he already declined Lopez fight "unless a title is on stake"? Why "title" should be mentioned if there is no title offer ATM?

Lopez isn't green and he wants Pedraza now, not title shot now.
                  How is he not green? He's only had 12 fights in his pro career. Lopez wants Loma now. He said it himself post fight interview. He's ready for the fight with Loma.

Comment

How is he not green? He's only had 12 fights in his pro career.
                    Loma had 1 fight in pro career before going for the title shot. And after Salido loss experts agreed he deserves another chance solely by the fact how he looked against his opponent, not an official gain in pro career. Same thing for Lopez, experts see what he shows and tell what he is worth based on it, not based on official record.
                    Lopez wants Loma now. He said it himself post fight interview. He's ready for the fight with Loma.
                    Nope, he said he wants champions. He said he doesn't want Loma per se, he just calls him because he has the belt. This technically makes me wrong when I said that he doesn't want title shot now but I meant what realistically he wants. Because he said that his fight with Pedraza already planned for "some day this year" and that he will try for title fights at the end of 2019 at 135 or he goes to 140 fighting champions. He knows what he wants and what he realistically needs for that.
                    Last edited by Ajvar; 02-05-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I like Teofimo, but the hype train is fully underway. It never fails. You have fighters that get hyped up more than they merit. He's only fought 12 times and hasn't been tested yet. Is he good? Yeah, he looks good. But then again, it's easy to look good against subpar talent. Start upping the ante and facing stiffer competition and then we'll see how special Teofimo is. Like I said, I like Teofimo, but people have to cool it on the hype train.

Comment

Working...
                      X