UFC commentator Joe Rogan makes a fool of himself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
    Rogan's point prevails...

May-Pac is over...Video mentions their PPV number,s, but neither fighter is the same draw they were before their fight.

Canelo is a star, but a boxing star, not close to the kind of crossover star McGregor is.

Triple G is not really "famous".

Lomachenko is not "famous".

Joshua is not "famous"...at least not stateside.

Kovalev-Ward did awful PPV numbers.
    If Joshua managed to come through with the goods and unify, he'd become the biggest sports star in the world.

A very big "if" though.

Comment

He is a pot head.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I don't think there needs to be a UFC vs boxing debate. It's ignorant. Combat sports are fringe and can help each other thrive.
        One of the smartest messages I've seen on this site

At the end of the day, UFC and boxing targets similar audience so I guess they have to be helping each other

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          6 years wait for Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao
          GSP vs Anderson NEVER HAPPENED
          Fedor vs Couture NEVER HAPPENED
          Fedor vs Lesnar NEVER HAPPENED
          Jones vs Cain NEVER HAPPENED

Comment

Joe Rogan obviously lost that one as that video was from 2007 and since then Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo have become huge stars. Now if the debate had been in 2012 or something I would have agreed with Rogan because no new stars are emerging. Atleast not in the US. Boxing is growing in the UK and in Europe though. Doesn't Joshua sell out arenas fighting journeymen?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I don't think there needs to be a UFC vs boxing debate. It's ignorant. Combat sports are fringe and can help each other thrive.
              I think it's important to point out that Rogan is a dip shyt though and people that hang on his words are just too dim to conjure an independent thought. Functional as a sport commentator and contest show host, but one of the worst stand-up acts ever.
              Thats an interesting perspective to take Rogan's bread and butter as a point of comparison regarding his commentary. I mean if I am a car mechanic and I just busted my third engine...and I am commentating on a Nascar event, it has a certain relevence. It goes to the issue of credability I spose.

I never understood the Rogan phenomena frankly: He has his fingers in a lot of pies. I see him in the truther, conspiracy communities, he is known to be a competant Jiu Jitsu man, I forget his name but he studied with a rebel Eddie something... sort of like when reality martial arts was becoming popular and Franko crosetti hit the stage. The guy was a monster...but when you also happen to be built like a power lifter with definition, it kind of is hard to peddle martial arts technique per se, so Crosetti's approach became the sort of "kill kill and then kill! train until you are vomitting!" I did meet a couple of his students who were very nice...never got a chance to train with them.

Rogan speaks well, he has the same baseline appeal that guys who basically speak well have. I also enjoy the antics of Joey Karate. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
                First of all they screwed up big time by paying that much for a company with no stars outside of McGregor.

2nd, the UFC PPV's and TV ratings are at an all time low, only McGregor fights are generating big money, and McGregor gets none of it which is why he's leaving for Boxing.
                I agree, over 4 billion for a company that is definitely going to unionise at some point in the near future which will affect them big time. They won't be able to pay their fighters chump change whilst giving them 1 fight a year. They also want a deal worth more than 4 times what they are receiving from FOX LOL.

Rouseys return will do good numbers along with Jones if he returns to fight someone relevant (not OSP on short notice lol). On average, this year they're doing just over 300K PPV buys per event (EXCLUDING Conor events and UFC 200 which is a one off). That is still good compared to Boxing in the States which is pathetic, 190K for a LEGIT matchup in Kovalev/Ward is SHOCKINGLY poor. PPV is pretty much dead in the States for Boxing, unless theres a HUGE fight (Legit matchup + Drama). Rios v Ortiz will have drama, but it's a **** matchup now with both of them being diminished but the funny thing is, it could do better PPV than Kova/Ward, if they build it up right and build up the drama in the buildup lol.

GSP vs Anderson NEVER HAPPENED
                Fedor vs Couture NEVER HAPPENED
                Fedor vs Lesnar NEVER HAPPENED
                Jones vs Cain NEVER HAPPENED
                The World of MMA wasn't anticipating those fights like Boxing wanted MayPac. Fedor v Lesnar would have been huge but that was only relevant for 1 year (mid 09-sept 10) when Fedor lost, that fight went out of the window, Lesnar lost months later himself. GSP had plenty of opposition in his weight class, 185 was pretty dead for a few years luckily for Silva. MayPac were the biggest earners in Boxing, in the same weight class, the best in their division too you can't say the same for any of those other MMA matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  I agree, over 4 billion for a company that is definitely going to unionise at some point in the near future which will affect them big time. They won't be able to pay their fighters chump change whilst giving them 1 fight a year. They also want a deal worth more than 4 times what they are receiving from FOX LOL.
                  They won't even get it. The UFC is looked at by major networks as a low brow hillbilly sport. They'll be lucky to get the same as they got the last deal now that Conor has left for Boxing.

Comment

Rogan said many times on his podcast he regrets that video, and said he was basically shilling for ufc, he said after the interview was done he felt dirty

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR KOVALEV!! View Post
                      how hard is it to understand that ufc is riding a high and boxing is riding a low right now. It happens.
                      The UFC is basing their recent huge run on two fighters. One who will probably be retired after her next loss and the other wants big money boxing fights.

Also, I know that this place doesn't have mods, but please enough with the MMA trolling, just take it to that specific section. Most of all, it's a very boring topic and this is coming from a fan of both sports.

Comment

Working...
                      X