No announcement yet.

What Really Happened on our Fight of the Century

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
    I guess I can change up and be manipulated by Lederman and Farhood instead.
    Sorry dude but lederman and farhood only called what they saw. That what they saw was consistent with 95% of people that watched the fight is telling.

Your post illustrates my point perfectly. There were no problems with how the fight was scored. The problem was Manny's inability to cut off the ring and Floyd's right hand.

It would just be nice to discuss the fight in terms of what went on in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      Fight was very close but the Floyds refuse to admit it because for so many years they claimed Floyd was such a superior boxer and would easily outbox Manny.

But what happened was a pure boxing match and their hero really couldn't figure Manny out, so he just played it safe. Floyd really just fought to survive and not end up like Cotto and Margarito.

The commentary was very bias but what to expect when the biggest fight in boxing is between a foreigner and an American. They obviously going to favor their country man.

The only problem I really had through was the compubox counting punches that tapped and even missed. I mean theyre instances were the compubox state are showing and you see them counting punches Floyd miss but not Manny's.

Fight was mostly a cash grab anyway and a spectacle to call Floyd the best, there was only one outcome and that had been decided long before the fight.
      Yeah man that's what amazes me, despite Pacquiao being successfully lured by Floyd on his own pace and style, whether by accident or not, fact is, pacquiao fought floyd in pure boxing chess match and this isn't supposed to be his territory/style, surprisingly, manny didn't just do well against floyd but watching it frame by frame in slow motion replay, he made floyd missed a LOT in astonishingly inch by inch manner; --I mean a lot of floyd pot shots were literally just grazing by a hairline, and you know what's more astonishing, pacquiao was able to counter floyd with amazing accuracy and great timing at varied angles at times, a lot of these things you will miss in fight live because they are drawn within a hairline and inch by inch distance, that's how good these legends were in that night, their distance range control is too friggin awesome! This is something that I only realized once I viewed it on frame by frame slow motion replay mode. My eyes literally popped!

And as for the compubox boys, they are not worth mentioning because they did a poor job in that fight, when you watch it in frame by frame replay, you could see how awful their work is. But now worries it's not how the fight is being scored anyway, but, I understand the need for objectivity and we can't ever have one as long as they won't find a way to incorporate replay in their scoring system in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Stfu

Floyd schooled manny "30 punches a round" pacquio
        You have to watch it in frame by frame slow motion replay mode and you'll see the absurdity of those compubox boys.

Comment

Originally posted by broski View Post
          there was no schooling in that fight. At ALL!
          It's the truth man, I'm a floyd fan too, but I now realized after watching it in frame by frame slow motion replay mode that there is no schooling or anything remotely close to that. If anything, manny had landed the more meaningful and effective punches between the two, and this is despite him fighting floyd's pace and style. Quite astonishing really.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
            lmao fight of the century

that wasn't even fight of the hour or fight of the weekend
            I think by now we could all understand the frustration these two super skilled legends had us in. Those two mofos are just too skilled to give us an entertaining fight!lol

Comment

Working...
            X