Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: How Much Might Forgettable Thurman-Garcia Fight Damage Future Viewership?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
    I say make the ring smaller (10ft) for all prize fights. Itll definitely bring more action imo.
    Or have so called quality fighters perform like quality fighters. Thurman wouldn't have been able to move as much if Garcia would have sinply cut the ring off instead of following him. Or, change the angle on his lead right hand and let Thurman walk into a couple times. That would been a lot better than following Keith around the ring walking into shots trying to setup a counter left hook that he was never in position to land. Blame limited fighters that are supposed to be top level instead of blaming the guys that expose that they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by taste View Post
      This was a funny post. lol I thought it was a great fight as well. Answered alot of questions about both fighters for me. If anything was disappointing it was the lack of urgency from DG. But that's how he fights...

Worth your time Ray, you're not a casual. I thought DG would land something big but Thurman showed he's the better fighter. Fight was not a MD...
      Thanks I would be watching it later.

Comment

It will have an impact on either fighter's ability to draw PPV money. No one will pay to watch Thurman unless he is fighting Pac or crossing the pond to face Brook. Garcia was never a PPV attraction and never will be. The future of network televised fights will be determined by the quality of the match ups. Get the right style match-ups that will get fans excited--Kovalev/Smith, Garcia/Porter, Garcia/Cotto, Berto/Provodnikov, Bradley/Crawford, etc. Mix it up.

Comment

As I mentioned in another thread, this is the nature of live sports. Not every NBA game is a classic. Not every NFL game is badass.

Sure, we'd all love for the fight to have been another legendary Castillo-Corrales moment. But you don't always get that and it should be perfectly fine that this happens sometimes in our sport just like it does in others.

I wish the boxing writers would stop trying to run down the event and overshadow the great news with negativity. Whether they do it out of sincere feelings or because they are friends with certain rival promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Does anyone think the main event was spoiled by the incredible ko Lubin had prior to it?

I think the problem people have is they want all fights to be like the Hagler, Srl, hearns, Duran series of fights.

How is that possible when that group consists of 4 hof, with the "worst" being Hearns who many consider one of the 35-50 greatest fighters ever?

Consider that the ncaa tourney is amulti billion dollar business now yet no game has ratings higher then Magic V Bird in 79.

Some of those fights between them didn't even end in knockouts

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              As I mentioned in another thread, this is the nature of live sports. Not every NBA game is a classic. Not every NFL game is badass.

Sure, we'd all love for the fight to have been another legendary Castillo-Corrales moment. But you don't always get that and it should be perfectly fine that this happens sometimes in our sport just like it does in others.

I wish the boxing writers would stop trying to run down the event and overshadow the great news with negativity. Whether they do it out of sincere feelings or because they are friends with certain rival promoters.
              Amen to that.......

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                Thurman isn't gonna step outside of himself against a dangerous counter puncher in Danny Garcia. I know we want to be entertained but why do we have a tendency to forget that some of these fighters are limited in certain areas? Neither of these two are comfortable being the aggressor or fighting on the inside, Porter made it competitive enough against Thurman that he forced Thurman to step outside of himself in order to win, Garcia didn't.
                i remember voting for thurman by KO on the poll but this is very true and as the fight was getting closer i had the feeling it wasn't gonna be a very action packed fight. both guys need the opponent to come at them, to take the initiative

Comment

where were these type of articles after kovalev v ward? Was that fight really any better?

Comment

Tell us how you really feel, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      where were these type of articles after kovalev v ward? Was that fight really any better?
                      I'm starting to think if Boxingscene has been compromised. Remember DLH's case against Haymon was thrown out because apparently DLH was caught trying to start a smear campaign against Haymon events using journalists, with emails showing conversations of the plans. I hope Boxingscene journalists aren't involved in this.

Comment

Working...
                      X