Strikeforce card post-discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikeforce card post-discussion

WOW! Just WOW. THAT ***** WAS TIGHT!!!

I think "francy pants(LMAO" threw that fight by trying to takedown probably the greatest grappler at 155. WHY? Just why would you do that?

Gegard Mousasi proved he's one of the most overrated fighters in MMA right now. Don't think he's *****, just TOO DAMN PATIENT. He should do boxing. I think he is a very skilled guy but he's too patient. He was too comfortable on his back against King Mo and didn't have the killer instinct it takes to put Jardine away. He let this fight slip away and no it wasn't a BS decision because Gegard got deducted a point not to mention Jardine won the 1st round with 4 takedowns so it makes TOTAL sense. Gegard could have easily KO'd him in one round though but was too patient. Go do boxing where you have at least10-12 rounds to do your thing.

Kawajiri vs Melendez OMFG!!! Melendez straight trashed em! Wasn't expecting that. If only he tee'd off on Aoki like that. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Daley vs Diaz THE GREATEST 1 ROUND FIGHT EVER!!! It doesn't get much better then that. 5-6 near stoppages FROM BOTH FIGHTERS. Oh my God I wouldn't even dream of sitting down during that fight. ****in crazy! Anybody else think Daley just falling down like that was strange? I get he was badly rocked but that was odd. Diaz has so much heart!!!

Greatest question ducker too haha
    Guc: "Were you ever hurt or in trouble in the fight?"
    Diaz: "No...um...yeah..um..no. I would like to thank..." hahahaha

Lol idk what fight you watched. Mo won every single round but got deducted a point in the first. That one judge had it right. Straight up robbery. He got 4 take downs and couldn't even mount a single one of them. He got 4 takes downs and couldn't even land a punch from top position.

Also I think they ended the Daley fight a bit early. Though ref may have had a better view/ idea what was goin on with Daley.

Also funny that the Diaz interview was just posted where he talks about how the scoring is so crappy in MMA in America.
    Last edited by Konstantin; 04-10-2011, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
      Lol idk what fight you watched. Mo won every single round but got deducted a point in the first. That one judge had it right. Straight up robbery. He got 4 take downs and couldn't even mount a single one of them. He got 4 takes downs and couldn't even land a punch from top position.

Also I think they ended the Daley fight a bit early. Though ref may have had a better view/ idea what was goin on with Daley.
      Um I watched a fight where Jardine won the first round. You act like that round was a Melendez-Tawajiri beatdown. It was a close round so why is it so hard to believe Jardine may have won it when judges score takedowns highly? Not to mention Jardine landed some nice kicks as well with the 4 takedowns.

Daley was done. He wobbled over to the ground and Diaz pounced on him. Daley fell over himself. I think if anything the Melendez stoppage has more of a case. Yet I wish they both went to another round. Epic fights.

Comment

I watched the fight and Jardine lost all three rounds. He was huffing and puffing in the first rounds and the ref gave him three rest breaks. Jardine was badly out struck on his feet, so much so that he actually did a Brock impersonation in the first round, fully running away from Gegard. Jardine also avoiding engaging with Gegard all three rounds.

Jardine took Gegard down in the first and second rounds and only managed to land two punches, Gegard on the other hand managed to mangle his face in big time from the bottom. In the third round Gegard took Jardine down and again pelted him with punches and even a submission attempt.

By the end, Jardine's face was mangled, his mouth piece flew out, he was puffing like Carwin, and he was red all over.

The Zuffa acquisition allowed Cecil Peoples to be part of this farce, the fight was seriously rigged to favor the American fighter. Good on you Zuffa, AMERICA NUMBER 1 especially when the rules, the refs, and judges all favor the home side.

Comment

I to think they ended the Daley fight a bit early, but credit where credits due Diaz beat Daley at his own game

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
            Um I watched a fight where Jardine won the first round. You act like that round was a Melendez-Tawajiri beatdown. It was a close round so why is it so hard to believe Jardine may have won it when judges score takedowns highly? Not to mention Jardine landed some nice kicks as well with the 4 takedowns.
            It wasn't that close. Jardine got hit a lot, was hurt that round and was wobbling around the ring.

Comment

I thought Mousasi looked pretty bad. I'm not saying he didn't deserve the W, but I was expecting someone with his skills to look a lot smoother in there and to pick Jardine apart. As it is, the fight left me wondering how much closer it would've been if Jardine would've had more than 2 weeks notice.

I think that having point deductions in MMA is one of those things that they've adopted from boxing even though it doesn't quite fit. In a 12 round boxing fight, taking a point for someone is reasonable and fair. But in a 3 round MMA fight, it means that someone has to take all 3 rounds in order to win. Not sure what the best alternative would be, but GM deserved the decision here just as I thought Tito deserved it against Evans a few years back. The point deduction is too big a penalty IMO.

Perhaps the best solution is more 5 round fights. A lot of the time it feels like 3 rounds aren't enough anyway.

I agree that taking Aoki down was a bad move and hard to understand, and Diaz-Daley is the best 1 round MMA fight I can recall seeing.

Comment

Working...
              X