No announcement yet.

Finally found out Anthony Joshua's gate numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    He sold out the Tuscaloosa ball room and the state fair twice. Big dollars I'm sure
    Wilder's last fight was the second largest crowd in Barclays history.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I guess Wilder's highest gate must be a lot less than $10million for you to be getting all emotional over a simple question like that.
      Of course AJ's gates are bigger than Wilder's. AJ is a bigger star with a bigger fanbase. Nobody has ever disputed that AJ is #1. All that's ever been said is that Wilder is the strongest #2 out there and deserving of proper respect as the B-side in the biggest fight possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        He said 5 mil within 10 minutes and his last 4 gates have been 10 mil.

"He sold over 10 million, A FIGHT, his last four fights OF THE GATE'
        oh. those takam, klitschko and parker fights must have been real fights at the gate. :facepalm:
        if you don't/didn't understand his accent, just say so. no harm. i have a pretty thick accent sometimes myself.

quit digging.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          lolol....this stuff again

"well 50 million is 50 million but whats wilders highest purse..whats wilders highest whats wilder wilder wilder whats wilders highest"

lol....you guys are sad
          shut up child

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            Wilder's last fight was the second largest crowd in Barclays history.
            half of the tickets were given away to Brooklyn crackheads and brasses ...how much was the gate and what was wilders purse for that fight ? Yep you guessed it gumbo

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              Of course AJ's gates are bigger than Wilder's. AJ is a bigger star with a bigger fanbase. Nobody has ever disputed that AJ is #1. All that's ever been said is that Wilder is the strongest #2 out there and deserving of proper respect as the B-side in the biggest fight possible.
              Joshua gets more spectators at his weigh in's than wilder gets at his fights.
              Joshua $21 million Wilder $2.4 million duh

Comment

AJ does good numbers but the real money is in America.

GGG v Canelo did nearly $30m on the gate and you wouldn't even say that was a fight that had mass appeal to the casual audience. it was a massive fight in boxing with a bit of crossover appeal and still had nearly $30m gate. Floyd v Manny/McGregor was the ultimate one for the casual audience and they did over $70m

Joshua's revenue is really nothing compared to a big Vegas event.

The amount of people at the event is one thing, but it's the revenue that really matters. Floyd v McGregor could've sold a stadium out 5X over but they don't need to. They just put it in a vegas arena with those prices.

Comment

The gates for his fights are $10 million dollars. Putting 80-90k in a stadium and only getting a $10 mil gate. For comparison. Hopkins vs. Calzgaghe back in 2008 did a gate of $11 mil in Vegas with a crowd of 14,000. Neither one was a big name in America.

Aint no money for Wilder to fight AJ in the UK. If Wilder beats Fury in December then the AJ fight gotta be moved to America where they both can actually make some money. The $50 mil is only possible in America.
                  The topic is what's the highest gate for Wilder-AJ. Is it Vegas or is it Wembley?

No wonder they didn't think the $50 mil was real. They can't fathom a $20 mil gate with only 20,000 people.
                  Letting 80 - 90k ordinary, average guys have the night of their lives watching a world HW title fight live ... and only taking a measly $10million at the gate because you didn't rip them off by charging $1000 for the nose-bleed seats. How dumb is that?

Don't you understand ... that kind of greed is what put big fights in the US beyond the reach of the ordinary, working class guys who made the sport what it was in the golden age, and killed boxing as a main-stream sport in the US!

And the stupid money that you guys have to shell out to watch PPV fights on your own TVs at home ...
                  Last edited by kafkod; 10-05-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
                    oh. those takam, klitschko and parker fights must have been real fights at the gate. :facepalm:
                    if you don't/didn't understand his accent, just say so. no harm. i have a pretty thick accent sometimes myself.

quit digging.
                    I don't even know who you are but you getting way to emotional over this sh&t. Do you need a timeout?

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      half of the tickets were given away to Brooklyn crackheads and brasses
                      You're lying. If they were papering the house, they wouldn't have been RAISING TICKET PRICES and opening new sections. Tickets were selling very well. I was posting daily updates on this site showing more sections being added as fight week approached and ticket prices being increase as the fight approached and tickets were selling through.

Comment

Working...
                      X