Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anthony Joshua gonna be a favorite going into the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joshua will be a favourite going to the rematch, obviously much smaller than the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Ruiz has faster hands too which is a big deal because he was able to get in before Joshua could do anything about it.
      Agreed. Ruiz has a good chin and fast(er) hands. But it is his determination and the lack thereof from Joshua that impacted the results.

AJ has the height and reach advantage to Neutralize an incoming Ruiz. He could have worked with that if he were a more confident fighter that night.

Comment

He is betting favourite currently but shouldn't be.

I think it was a combination of him having his "it's only ruiz" head on and Ruiz being a bad style for him.

I think a rematch is 60/40 ruiz for a few reasons

I think Ruiz is actually in danger of coming in with his "it's only joshua" head on in the rematch, but Joshua will likely improve. Tactically AJ was awful and Ruiz got it right, they will know what to look for now. Though that doesn't mean he will be able to carry out the plan.

Hard fight to pick imo, there's a lot of variables but I don't think Joshua will be as bad in the rematch

Comment

After watching the fight again I am not so sure about him winning the rematch. He actually tagged Ruiz with some big right hands and Ruiz shook them off. We all seen what happened when Ruiz landed his shots, and he will land again. Ruiz has certainly, regardless of the outcome of the rematch shown all the others how to crush the robot. Fair play to Ruiz, much respect.

Comment

I think we will see a new Anthony Joshua during the build up 'Joshua needs not to be fooled by his opponent's acting all matey matey towards him'' Behind closed doors Ruiz Junior could maybe be bad mouthing him just like Baby Miller was.

Far too many times, I have seen Joshua get all matey matey with his opponents if they show him signs of respect.

It was almost as if Ruiz Junior subdued Joshua, I was one of the very few people on here which questioned his entire demeanor 'I disagreed with the way Joshua gave Ruiz Junior his belts to pose with'.

I think the odds will be close to 50/50 'Within boxing circles anyway'

Comment

He may be the favorite but I pick Ruiz to win again by KO.

Comment

Working...
              X