Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Begins To Fill The Gaps In Search Of A Brighter Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO Begins To Fill The Gaps In Search Of A Brighter Future

When the January 28 HBO Boxing After Dark doubleheader was first announced, its matchups were met with mixed reviews. Francisco Vargas was due to make the second defense of his super featherweight title versus Miguel Berchelt, while the man whom he defeated to win said belt Takashi Miura would open the show versus veteran trialhorse Miguel Micky' Roman.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boxing is definitely off to a strong start for 2017. I just hope HBO and Showtime or promoters can reconcile their differences to give us fans the fights we want. For example, when Crawford moves up to 147 there is nobody outside of Pacquaio in the top rank stable that would make an intriguing fight. Imagine a Crawford/Thurman or Lomachenko if he moves up and fights Mikey. If they don't reconcile then these fights will keep going to purse bids to only prolong the fights.

Comment

Fill in the gaps with keep busy fights it sounds like to me.

Although to be fair to HBO I wasn't looking forward to the recent card & was only more optimistic when I seen others excited for that card & how fun it could end up being...which it did end up being so respect to my fellow boxing fans for turning me around on that card. And I am a lil curious about Crawford vs Diaz if that fight gets the go ahead.

Comment

True Detective season 3!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Game of Thrones, $5-6 million per episode.

Comment

Let's keep it real. If HBO didn't have the excellent non-boxing content, it wouldn't have the millions of subscribers it has, and therefore, they would no longer be the industry leader in boxing! The PPV fight is on life support! It's only chance at survival is to work more often with Al Haymon and the PBC! HBO is surrendering entire divisions to the PBC. 126, 135, 147, 154, 168, and if Joshua beats Klitshco, then maybe Heavyweight too! That's not a good look!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Let's keep it real. If HBO didn't have the excellent non-boxing content, it wouldn't have the millions of subscribers it has, and therefore, they would no longer be the industry leader in boxing! The PPV fight is on life support! It's only chance at survival is to work more often with Al Haymon and the PBC! HBO is surrendering entire divisions to the PBC. 126, 135, 147, 154, 168, and if Joshua beats Klitshco, then maybe Heavyweight too! That's not a good look!
              It's not up to HBO. It's up to promoters willing to risk their fighters against top opposition. John Molina, a PBC fighter, just fought Crawford on HBO.

Comment

Whoever invest the most money will win.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                  It's not up to HBO. It's up to promoters willing to risk their fighters against top opposition. John Molina, a PBC fighter, just fought Crawford on HBO.
                  That's true. Nelson can hardly contain Arum, who wants what he wants and when he wants it. Otherwise, the TR chief will go on his own and talk to Espinoza, ESPN or whoever. Very sensitive old man.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    I can't argue with you there. If promoters don't do their job, it doesn't matter what HBO, Showtime, or Fox does. But if HBO didn't start warming up to Haymon, we wouldn't be getting GGG vs. Jacobs! I don't know why we got Crawford vs. Molina over Crawford vs. Felix Diaz! That was weak! I think HBO should be thinking big, like Pacquiao vs. Mikey Garcia, Crawford vs. Danny Garcia, Lomachenko vs. Gary Russell Jr. II, Kovalev vs. Stevenson, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X