NBC: George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin case

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sin City View Post
    an arizona iced tea fits in your pocket? interesting.. lol
    As interesting as holding skittles and ice tea on your hands while talking on the phone with your girlfriend.

Zimmerman's side of the story add's up properly imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin City View Post
      my whole thing about Zimmerman's side of the story was it doesn't add up is all
      I haven't heard what Zimmerman said about the case.

From what I did gather, the jest of it all was. He saw a suspicious looking guy in his neighborhood, he was concerned. Called the police, proceeded to follow him, police told him not to follow him. He follows anyways.

He obviously has to confront him to fight him, as a result a fight breaks out. He then brandishes a firearm and then shoots and kills an unarmed person.

Either way, he commits murder. Even if, in his mind, he was justified. He still shoots and kills an unarmed person. All while initiated the conflict.

If Zimmerman never followed. This never happens. If Treyvon approached him in his yard and started a conflict, Zimmerman is justified. Seeing how none of that happened. Zimmerman is obviously guilty of murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Treyvon was racially profiled though. Being profiled isn't racism, it's just caution. So to say race wasn't involved at all, is naive. But it wasn't a crime based on hating black people. It's obvious it wasn't because he wouldn't have called the police if he just wanted to kill a black dude.

But race did play a factor because he was profiled as a guy up to no good based on the way he appeared. Which is profiling.
        No evidence to suggest there was racial profiling. None.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          I haven't heard what Zimmerman said about the case.

From what I did gather, the jest of it all was. He saw a suspicious looking guy in his neighborhood, he was concerned. Called the police, proceeded to follow him, police told him not to follow him. He follows anyways.

He obviously has to confront him to fight him, as a result a fight breaks out. He then brandishes a firearm and then shoots and kills an unarmed person.

Either way, he commits murder. Even if, in his mind, he was justified. He still shoots and kills an unarmed person. All while initiated the conflict.

If Zimmerman never followed. This never happens. If Treyvon approached him in his yard and started a conflict, Zimmerman is justified. Seeing how none of that happened. Zimmerman is obviously guilty of murder.
          That's the problem, you don't know his story. One of the reasons is because both the print and television media aren't giving it the same muster. They rather show protesters calling for Zimmermans arrest and pictures of a 13 year old Trayvon.

Zimmerman says Trayvon attacked him from behind. Zimmerman had wounds on his head, consistent with his story that Trayvon was slamming his head into the sidewalk. If true, that's attempted murder, and would support self-defense.

Comment

• Zimmerman will do time and he should.

What bugs me about this though is that although in my heart I know what he did was wrong, that dumb stand your ground law may save him. I think the real murder charges should be filed against the lawmakers who actually made that a law. What good could they have seen in that? That law actually promotes an escalation of violence

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
              As interesting as holding skittles and ice tea on your hands while talking on the phone with your girlfriend.

Zimmerman's side of the story add's up properly imo.
              This is just........just sooo........whatever it's an opinion. It can be grossly incorrect bu i's an opinion nonetheless.

Yes or no you wll be upset/angry if GZ is deemed guilty in a court of law.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                This is just........just sooo........whatever it's an opinion. It can be grossly incorrect bu i's an opinion nonetheless.

Yes or no you wll be upset/angry if GZ is deemed guilty in a court of law.
                No.

Unless he doesn't get a fair trial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                  An innocent man would act that way if he felt his life was threatened. This is just another case of black people jumping the gun and just reacting out of race. Kind of the same thing when Obama got elected and black people that didn't give a crap about any election prior to this one, "had to come out and make a difference".
                  i never get involved in these types of threads but i agree completely. the only reason oj simpson got off was because the US govt was scared about what kind of riots would happen when a hall of fame football hero gets found guilty.look what happened after the rodney king incident.he was then found guilty in civil court & in the states "no double jeopardy" so oj stayed out of prison. then i see that baltimore beating of a tourist. no wonder stereotyping happens...

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Zimmerman will do time and he should.

What bugs me about this though is that although in my heart I know what he did was wrong, that dumb stand your ground law may save him. I think the real murder charges should be filed against the lawmakers who actually made that a law. What good could they have seen in that? That law actually promotes an escalation of violence
                    It's a great law.

I wish we had it in NJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                      It's a great law.

I wish we had it in NJ.
                      I wish we had more of a "Common Sense Law."

If somebody is breaking into your house, regardless of their "intent", weapon or not, they deserve to have their head splattered, by any means necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X