Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohara Davies Reveals Real Reason He Chose Frank Warren Over Eddie Hearn [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohara Davies Reveals Real Reason He Chose Frank Warren Over Eddie Hearn [VIDEO]

Davies channel has got to be one of the frankest and realest channels by a pro boxer to date. Far from the brief bite-size snippets found on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook from the vast majority of other boxers, Davies goes into extensive details on all things surrounding his boxing career and also delves into circumstances and situations in his wider life outside of boxing.

In his most recent video he explains how Hearn ignored a text message from him for over a week, which forced him into a position where he had to look at other promotional options, ultimately deciding to sign with Warren. But once word filtered back to Hearn that Davies was considering Warren as his promoter, Davies then received a message from Hearn offering a new Matchroom deal! Davies says that Hearn's public explanation of the circumstances surrounding his departure from Matchroom was not accurate because Hearn gave the impression that the decision was Matchroom's to "let him go" whereas in reality Davies himself left of his own accord with an offer from Matchroom still on the table!!

So Hearn lied? not surprising at all, he's lost out on loads of fighters to Warren, and his excuse is always he wasn't prepared to offer them good deals. Warren will speculate to accumulate, Hearn has admitted he knows the numbers inside out and will only pay a certain amount... he'll rarely offer more just to get a guy and make it back later.

Comment

This YouTube channel has definitely upped his stock. And leaving Matchroom and signing with Warren might end up working out for better for him in the long run..

Comment

I wouldn't know which one to believe. Ohara Davies is a Poundland version of Adrien Broner. You really think this man would be running with the "I'm actually humble and a nice guy" gimmick if he didn't get owned by Josh Taylor? He's an obnoxious moron.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
          I wouldn't know which one to believe. Ohara Davies is a Poundland version of Adrien Broner. You really think this man would be running with the "I'm actually humble and a nice guy" gimmick if he didn't get owned by Josh Taylor? He's an obnoxious moron.
          Davies' Pounland Broner act was the actual gimmick and the way he's behaving now is closer to who he really is. That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            So Hearn lied? not surprising at all, he's lost out on loads of fighters to Warren, and his excuse is always he wasn't prepared to offer them good deals. Warren will speculate to accumulate, Hearn has admitted he knows the numbers inside out and will only pay a certain amount... he'll rarely offer more just to get a guy and make it back later.
            I'm pretty sure there is also an elemant of one-upmanship on Warren's part when he signs somebody who was once with Matchroom. He sees it as taking them away from Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              I'm pretty sure there is also an elemant of one-upmanship on Warren's part when he signs somebody who was once with Matchroom. He sees it as taking them away from Hearn.
              I just think he can speculate to accumulate and needs a couple flagship fighters to launch the BT deal (Frampton, Fury). Like I said, Warren will pay more than Hearn in most cases for these kind of fighters. He's got Flanagan, Catterall and now Davies at 140 and that will be some good British fights there.

He stole Warrington as well and just had a massive fight in Leeds and now big fights with frampton to make..... Warren knows he can overpay for these guys as they are ticket sellers, and he can face them off with his own fighters in the same division.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                I just think he can speculate to accumulate and needs a couple flagship fighters to launch the BT deal (Frampton, Fury). Like I said, Warren will pay more than Hearn in most cases for these kind of fighters. He's got Flanagan, Catterall and now Davies at 140 and that will be some good British fights there.

He stole Warrington as well and just had a massive fight in Leeds and now big fights with frampton to make..... Warren knows he can overpay for these guys as they are ticket sellers, and he can face them off with his own fighters in the same division.
                I don't know if that's true or not, tbh, but Hearn's headliners get a huge slice of the income from his shows, so maybe there isn't much left for undercard guys like O'Hara.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  I don't know if that's true or not, tbh, but Hearn's headliners get a huge slice of the income from his shows, so maybe there isn't much left for undercard guys like O'Hara.
                  Well from what I have heard from the fighters themselves, Warren just offered more and gave them assurances, and he's delivered for Frampton and Warrington at least.

Warrington's dad ripped Hearn after his last fight, and Warrington said he was never sure Hearn believed in him, so he went with Warren and he got him Leeds fight, the Kaiser chiefs and he won lol Hearn ****ed up.

Frampton is fighting at Windsor Park in August, Frank delivered again. Don't be surprised if they get a big name and launch the PPV later this year as well with Frampton and Fury on the same bill.

Hearn is taking his eye off the ball here IMO. BT are catching up and they will be able to offer big money to GGG and the likes to come to the U.K. Santa Cruz/Frampton etc etc now they have PPV (or will have)

Just means more boxing for the U.K, everyone wins.

Comment

You mean to tell me a former Hearn fighter and Current Warren fighter has bad things to say for Hearn and good things to say for Warren?

Shocking.

Comment

Working...
                    X