Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CSAC Releases $80K Purse To Flores Following Review of KO Loss To Luis Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CSAC Releases $80K Purse To Flores Following Review of KO Loss To Luis Ortiz

The California State Athletic Commission on Monday released heavyweight Alexander Flores' $80,000 purse after initially withholding it for possible lack of effort in a first-round knockout loss to former two-time world title challenger Luis "King Kong" Ortiz on Nov. 7.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In other words, “take the money, but we don’t want to see you again.”

Comment

Haymon ''releases'' some funds to the CSAC too...

Comment

These old farters could go compete Ortiz in the ring and if they "compete in earnest" for half the time that Wallace did I will be helluva surprised.

Replay showed it was legit KD by bicep of that elephant.
        But we know that oldfarters have problems watching replays.

Comment

I will say this. If he was trying to his best ability, he may want to reconsider the level of opposition he steps into the ring with. If your best ability results in a commission to withhold your purse and ringside doctor to think you took a dive, you shouldn't be in the ring at the current level.

Of course, I think it's pretty safe to say that Flores was looking for a soft spot to lay in the ring. Ortiz best win is still Bryant Jennings. The question is, what's his second best win?

Comment

Flores got a lot of money for what he "gave" in return.

The poorest PBC show...some have been great.

Comment

Flores was rated about 143rd in the world and now about 168 th .. what did anyone expect. No matter how little you rate Ortiz that's ridiculous, I think Ortiz drop a place beating him.

They should ban these kind of fights. Even the biggest Ortiz fan must hate this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                Flores was rated about 143rd in the world and now about 168 th .. what did anyone expect. No matter how little you rate Ortiz that's ridiculous, I think Ortiz drop a place beating him.

They should ban these kind of fights. Even the biggest Ortiz fan must hate this fight.
                theyve got to make him look like a 'monster' again for a 3rd wilder fight

Comment

Flores got KOed with Ortiz's right bicep.

This is what you get when you have these tomato cans against guys like Ortiz. They go in there for the pay day and realize quickly that is not the place they want to be. The first chance they get they will bow our to the bout.

Comment

$80k for that? Paying for Dives are cheap now.

Comment

Working...
                    X