Collapse
No announcement yet.

87% of all income Taxes are Paid by the Top 20% of Income Earning Households

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering most people are making like 30k or less that sounds about right.

The reality of governments is they tax citizens to pay for roads & military & yes welfare for the weirdos here who always live & die with that topic while probably being closer to being on welfare than in the top 20% themselves. And you can't get blood from a rock so of course the government is gonna knock on the doors of those making the most money.

Idk how the government pays the bills if not for taxing its citizens. Its just how it works although I'd be curious as to other possibilities for the government to handle expenses if anyone gots ideas or theories.

Comment

Considering the top 20% owns 90% of the wealth, it's hardly surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Considering most people are making like 30k or less that sounds about right.

The reality of governments is they tax citizens to pay for roads & military & yes welfare for the weirdos here who always live & die with that topic while probably being closer to being on welfare than in the top 20% themselves. And you can't get blood from a rock so of course the government is gonna knock on the doors of those making the most money.

Idk how the government pays the bills if not for taxing its citizens. Its just how it works although I'd be curious as to other possibilities for the government to handle expenses if anyone gots ideas or theories.
        Originally posted by Furn View Post
        Considering the top 20% owns 90% of the wealth, it's hardly surprising.
        Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-20-...tax-1523007001

The top 20% are subsidizing most of the welfare in the USA.
          Care to tell us how many are on welfare. I’d wager it’s about 10%. Your attempting to make it sound as if all our tax money is spent on welfare. While Most of it is sent on all sorts of other ***** with the military being the biggest hog of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            **** the income tax..

How about the tax the average guy gets raped by.

Fuel tax
            Property tax
            Vehicle registration fees
            The taxes attached to cell bill
            Taxes attached to water bill
            Taxes attached to energy bill
            Local sales tax
            State sales tax
            Taxes on your payroll check
            Taxes attached to your cable/internet bill
            Taxes attached to garbage/sewer bills
            State income tax
            Taxes attached to insurance
            Etc
            Etc

Literally there is not one thing an average person can do without being taxed, and on top of all that the federal government wants to tax you on what’s left over.
            Hell, they used to tax us for dying via the Estate Tax.

Thankfully the Republicans repealed that tax, though the Democrats fought and screamed about it at every step.

Comment

For an average tax payer making say $50,000 annually Welfare specifically amounts to around SEVEN DOLLARS per year.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                For an average tax payer making say $50,000 annually Welfare specifically amounts to around SEVEN DOLLARS per year.
                That’s absolute bull****

That is just one tiny piece of the overall picture.

Free medical
                Free housing
                Free food
                Free utilities
                Free phone
                Free schooling

Those are all separate, and one (welfare) might be $7, added all together is much more

Comment

Donald Trump has bragged about not paying taxes; why should the rest of us pay taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    Do what!?!?

What part of he still pays taxes on his stock profits do you not seem to be able to understand??

It's at a much lower rate, and it away to pay less tax, by giving employees shares and they can sell those share and pay less tax than they would if the were just given a cash salary.

I never claimed that no taxes are payed on stock profits

Please dont make strawmen arguments or try to put words in my mouth.

I said no such thing whatsoever.

Only address what I actually say, please. But do not attribute words to me I never said.
                    By paying as little you can and using loopholes, it directly takes money away from the countries wealth.

Whether you say so or don't that is what you are doing.

We have a progressive system now.

And we already tax property, albeit not on the Federal level.

Are you wanting the Feds to tax our property too, and thus double-dip on Americans who own property?
                    Yes, and in the past (1950s) it was more progressive and America had more prosperity and more growth.

I think property tax should only be once, but it should also be progressive

You asked about fairness, and I cited those tax ideas. So address that please.

Dont move the goalposts.

Answer my question as asked, please.

If you need it repeated, just ask.
                    Yes they can be both seen as fair but very simple and unworkable in the system we are in.

A progressive system can also seen as fair as those who benefit the most should also pay the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Care to tell us how many are on welfare. I’d wager it’s about 10%. Your attempting to make it sound as if all our tax money is spent on welfare. While Most of it is sent on all sorts of other ***** with the military being the biggest hog of them all.
                      Most of the money is spent on welfare and healthcare, military is our third biggest expenditure.

Comment

Working...
                      X