• Woooo Asgarth with that sick come back W. Well done

Comment

• Epic win out of nowhere for asgarth.

Congratulations.

Comment

• Congratz Asgarth !!

Comment

• Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
          Okay gentlemen, so there it is. The weirdness of 2020 behind but leaving us with the most exciting Pick Em to date to my mind. I dunno what it means to each of you but to me compiling the results and playing in the game is always something of a journey... starting out the year seeing who the front runners are, getting to know the new players and so on and then following the rise and fall of the different players through the year.

Seems an age ago but we started off the year with big upsets on Smith and Rosario just as this year Gutierrez caught us all out. First few months ended up resolving into a tight race and vocal rivalry between MulaKO, FinitoxDinamita and TheMyspaceDayz which was rudely interupted by the pesky global pandemic that's formed the backdrop to the rest of the year.

When we started up again it was to a weird stop / start change of pace... picking up every half decent card we could find from anywhere in the world. Production studios and gyms... damn... even Barry Hearn's back yard for a while. It also meant that we were flooding the Pick Em with fights cos you could never be sure what would be cancelled... whole cards sometimes - or whether we'd be going back into shutdown again which meant some pretty crazy pacing at times.

But this weird environment also gave us all a real good look at some of the smaller fights and appreciation for the guys that might not get the headlines and the VIP treatment.. for me some of the best events of the year were the Golden Contract fights with Bolotniks in particular making me a big fan with his epic underdog story rising to the occasion fight after fight to win through at LHW.

So when the world opened back up again we lost Finito and ShaneMosleySr began a run that would keep him near the top spot until he too fell afoul of the ban hammer... seems we got some volatile dudes with plenty of talent here, but as they say, slow and steady....

By September the leading pack seemed almost unassailable at the time... SugarShane still hanging on to a narrow lead over Mula with BobLoblaw emerging through the ranks as first a serious challenger and then as leader who at 170 points clear by early October looked to maybe have it in the bag.

With the loss of SugarShane and Mula it seemed like a wrap until Baltimore started showing his 2019 Champions mettle by slowly reeling in the Welsh Maestro Bob, eventually clawing back a near 300 point deficit. Also steadily gaining ground was Chrismart - the most consistent player over 4 years of the Pick Em who was determined to make 2020 his year.

So by the start of December it looked like it was all over... Baltimore had it by a comfortable margin and the rest of the season was just about who was gonna take Silver and Bronze.... except for one dude with other ideas, who was at the time languishing down in about 18th place, but with a stack of unused multipliers. Enter asgarth 2020 Pick EM champ. By mid December he'd battled his way through to 8th (just behind yours truly) but still had a mountain to climb - over 300 points - it seemed impossible. By the weekend of the Canelo and GGG fights people were starting to take notice but it still seemed like a long shot. By the final week it was starting to look like it might even happen.

In the end it all came down to the outcome of the final fight of the year. Ioka's epic KO of young upstart Kosei Tanaka also signalled asgarths W over reigning Champ Baltimore in one of the ATG finishes of the NSB PICK EM and one which I doubt will be repeated any time soon.

Congrats asgarth. Damn man, you had us all on the edge of our seats there brother.

And to all of you, on a personal note it's been a genuine pleasure this year - as it is every year - sharing this time with you. Let's make 2021 the best yet.

Kind Regards and Happy New Year to you all.

Koba
          The recap reads like a solid and thrilling underdog story lol.
          It was a really fun season and thank you for doing all that work, koba!

Comment

• Do you know from memory who picked the most number of correct underdogs?

We should open up betting on who wins the next season

Asgarth -300 (naturally)
            Tatabaya +1700 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
              Do you know from memory who picked the most number of correct underdogs?

We should open up betting on who wins the next season

Asgarth -300 (naturally)
              Tatabaya +1700 lol
              For the moment you are behind, buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                For the moment you are behind, buddy
                He likes to lay low and come on strong at the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  He likes to lay low and come on strong at the end of the year.
                  I know, whereas I'm bullshėting all year long to enter the top 30 at the end

Comment

• Congrats Asgarth!

Comment

Working...
                    X