No announcement yet.

Mares proved everyone wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    this is what i posted yesterday after the fight, hats off to mares, he is far from done
    He looked 'far from done' because of who he was facing. I'll be more impressed if Mares beats one of the other titlists as I think Cuellar was the weakest titlist. The others are more athletic and won't play into Mares' style so easily.

Comment

I thought he was going to get KOed myself. Great win for Mares!

Comment

Mares showed true greatness

Comment

Agree. Mares has the heart of a true champ. 6 years ago today, he proved everybody wrong with Darchy. Now this. Great win for the taino king.

Comment

I thought people were foolish for writing off Mares. I was picking him at first but admittedly leaned toward Cuellar when I saw how much larger he was.
            Really happy for Mares. He's a scrappy dude who doesn't get enough credit, IMO.

Comment

Mares looked fantastic. I def wrote him off thought he didn't have what it takes to put on another performance like last night.

Comment

He did. Just pointing out he was the world WBA. Not super

Comment

He definitely proved me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    Exactly!

Agbeko x2, Darchinyan, Moreno, Ponce de Leon, draw with Perez, came back from a brutal KO loss to Jhonny, gave a gutsy effort against Leo but fought the wrong fight and now a win over a bigger man in Cuellar. This guy is a throwback. Always have been and will always support Abner. All class.
                    Totally agree..HOF fighter I'd add..

Comment

It's not the first time he's been written off tbh. He was sort of written off vs Moreno. They thought he would get schooled because Moreno was a sound boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X