• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
    Oscars blueprint didnt work

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      lmao the blueprint joke never gets old

Comment

Canelo did nothing but benefit from that fight with Mayweather. Best thing to ever happen to his career to be honest.

He didn't win, but he lost to the best in the game, made a ton of money and saw what it's like to be on such a huge production.

It's hard to believe Canelo is only 25, has fought Mayweather on such a huge stage and carries himself like a 20 year veteran.

Comment

Don't think it hurt but it didn't help either he is in the same position he was before the Floyd fight.

Comment

Haha, hilarious. It was a no lose situation for Canelo. He wins that fight he is the next ODL. He lost, but he is only 24 and will be 25 this summer, if he keeps winning people will chalk it up to inexperience and the fact that he wasn't ready. He got a career payday, raised his exposure. He has headlined two PPV cards since then.
            He will be the new face of HBO and starting next year will be fighting on Cino de Drinko weekend. How did it ruin him again?
            Last edited by QballLobo; 04-20-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

It went as bad for Canelo as it possibly could have, and I would say it did set him back because he didn't look like he belonged on the top level.

He is still in alright position but instead of having a blank slate he has to erase those bad memories. It can be done because boxing is very much what have you done for me lately, but he is starting from behind the 8-ball to the larger viewing public.

Comment

That fight was prime for the robbery too. I scored maybe 2-3 rounds for Canelo. There was a round Mayweather did nothing, but take a break, and towards the end Floyd was on his bike, but some ******ed judge somehow scores it a draw, and another has Canelo in striking distance.

Comment

No, it did not hurt him. There was a consensus among boxing experts that this was a no lose situation for Canelo. How old was he when he fought Mayweather, 22-23? That's crazy. Canelo is just fine, he has the entire Mexican fanbase behind. He'll be okay, haha. Honestly, don't know why people hate on this dude. I mean, he's fought the best possible opponents at 154: Trout, Mayweather, Lara. What more could you ask for?

The whole, he got dominated by Mayweather is a stupid argument, too. I mean, who doesn't get dominated by Mayweather. Plus he got outboxed by Mayweather, he didn't take an a** beating, he wasn't outfought, he was outboxed. No shame in that.
                  Last edited by sparkman0811; 04-20-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    What the hell???name all Floyds catchweight fights.i'll wait....and if Oscar and Mosley were declining when Floyd fought them, then what were they when Manny fought them??? and now all the sudden Manny is declined even tho he is a world champ a top p4p fighter and younger the Floyd? damn how many sad excuses can you make up at 1 time?
                    Dont cry about the truth What catch weights Canelo and Marquez in which he cheated Marquez at the scales and zombied Canelo. You clowns always bring up Manny on fighting the decline fighters Im talking about Floyd here

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Dont cry about the truth What catch weights Canelo and Marquez in which he cheated Marquez at the scales and zombied Canelo. You clowns always bring up Manny on fighting the decline fighters Im talking about Floyd here
                      two pounds would not have mattered with his gameplan to outbox Floyd, and Marquez admitted he doesnt want any part of Floyd in a rematch because it wouldnt go much diff.....And everyone on here knows you blow manny and we know you think he's jesus christ...dont throw stones in a glass house

Comment

Working...
                      X