Collapse
No announcement yet.

floyd fight was a massive failure for canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about this. He got a massive payday and his fans still love him.

The only thing I think he ruined was his rep amongst non Mexican fans, especially on the east coast, or anyone who saw Canelo for the 1st time.

He can always get himself in position to fight Floyd again.

Comment

Same thing going to happen to Pacquiao.

Anyway if Maidana is fat and the most famous in his country now from fighting Mayweather. Victor Ortiz a Hollywood movie star, Robert Guerrero the poster boy for cross fit. Canelo getting a big money deal... I mean.. fighting Floyd make your stock go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        I would say the snake Schaefer and the thief Haymon did a lot more damage than any single bout of boxing.
        No Oscar lubed himself up and ****ed himself...doing coke and bad mouthing Floyd and not managing his company correctly

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          No Oscar lubed himself up and ****ed himself...doing coke and bad mouthing Floyd and not managing his company correctly
          What does "bad mouthing Floyd", what does that have to do with it? other than you being an tunnel-vision fanboy.

An owner doesn't have to manage your company when he pays someone big bucks to do it, that someone was Schaefer who snaked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            What does "bad mouthing Floyd", what does that have to do with it? other than you being an tunnel-vision fanboy.

An owner doesn't have to manage your company when he pays someone big bucks to do it, that someone was Schaefer who snaked him.
            Bad mouthing Floyd got him not involved with the biggest fight in boxing.and please no need for all the name calling, we are grown men and can debate as such

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              pretty sure Arum bad mouthed floyd a lot, and yet he's involved in that big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by wenceslao View Post
                he lost a lot of fans and respect, yes he made good money for just 1 fight but ruined himself in the long run, my question is did he want the fight or did the people around him force him to take it?
                Here's were agree some Canelo should have grabbed his balls and said no catch weight and continue to call Floyd out at 154. I can guarantee you this if he stuck to that Floyd would have never fought him at 154 and made Floyd look like a coward. Floyd only takes fights at catch weights or if a name fighter is smaller IE Hatton Marquez or has declined in skills due to age as Delahoya, Mosley and now Pacquaio

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
                  pretty sure Arum bad mouthed floyd a lot, and yet he's involved in that big fight.
                  Thats because he is Manny's promoter,Oscar had a chance to be involved and shot himself in the foot

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Here's were agree some Canelo should have grabbed his balls and said no catch weight and continue to call Floyd out at 154. I can guarantee you this if he stuck to that Floyd would have never fought him at 154 and made Floyd look like a coward. Floyd only takes fights at catch weights or if a name fighter is smaller IE Hatton Marquez or has declined in skills due to age as Delahoya, Mosley and now Pacquaio
                    What the hell???name all Floyds catchweight fights.i'll wait....and if Oscar and Mosley were declining when Floyd fought them, then what were they when Manny fought them??? and now all the sudden Manny is declined even tho he is a world champ a top p4p fighter and younger the Floyd? damn how many sad excuses can you make up at 1 time?

Comment

Oscars blueprint didnt work

Comment

Working...
                      X