No announcement yet.

Khan vs Porter for the WBC title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan vs Porter for the WBC title?

Even if Floyd doesn't retire after the Berto fight, I'm pretty sure he'll vacate his belts, with Khan and Porter ranked #1 and #2 by the WBC, you'd think they'll be ordered to fight eachother. Porter's expressed an interest in fighting Khan before, I'm sure Khan would be interested in grabbing a 147 title and bettering Brook's performance against Porter.

Good fight...

Would rather see khan challenge Bradley for WBO title, but I know that ain't happening

Comment

Khan's quick straight punches will give anyone trouble at 147, assuming he his chin holds out...

Comment

That is a very interesting fight. It's the kind of fight this division needs.

Comment

This is a good fight, I'll actually pick Khan over Porter.

Those whiskers better hold up.

Comment

Porter's a bad style match up for Khan. He'll apply non-stop pressure and won't be easy to clinch, he's strong as an ox and throws during clinches. He's got quick feet and hands, good skill and a good engine, he could outwork Khan.

Comment

solid fight, khan outboxes porter for a wide UD imo

Comment

They're all good fights. We just need the welterweights to fight each other. You got Bradley hiding behind Bob and these other dudes hiding behind Haymon.

Comment

Khan won't fight Brook, but would fight Brook's leftover ... makes sense.

Comment

good fight.....

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    Porter's a bad style match up for Khan. He'll apply non-stop pressure and won't be easy to clinch, he's strong as an ox and throws during clinches. He's got quick feet and hands, good skill and a good engine, he could outwork Khan.

Outworking Khan is the last scenario that will happen. Khan isn't Broner. He is a FULL sized Welterweight who can MOVE. That is important when fighting a brawler like Porter. Khan is going to beat him up.

Comment

Working...
                    X