Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs Porter for the WBC title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd prefer Khan-Garcia II and Thurman-Porter. With winners fighting each other

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
      Outworking Khan is the last scenario that will happen. Khan isn't Broner. He is a FULL sized Welterweight who can MOVE. That is important when fighting a brawler like Porter. Khan is going to beat him up.
      Watch Khan vs Peterson. Khan should've won the fight but I can see Porter doing what Peterson did more consistently. Porter's bigger and stronger than Peterson. He had a hard time dealing with Diaz's pressure as well. And Porter isn't a brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        Watch Khan vs Peterson. Khan should've won the fight but I can see Porter doing what Peterson did more consistently. Porter's bigger and stronger than Peterson. He had a hard time dealing with Diaz's pressure as well. And Porter isn't a brawler.
        Two problems, Khan is different now with Hunter to that of Roach. Second Khan is clearly more comfortable at 147 and looks solid whereas at 140 he was drained and small.

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
          Two problems, Khan is different now with Hunter to that of Roach. Second Khan is clearly more comfortable at 147 and looks solid whereas at 140 he was drained and small.
          Yeah there are obviously many variables, but my point is Amir can be outworked.

Comment

Khan gets treated like a poodle being guzzled up by a pitbull.

Comment

I like that fight. It makes sense. I just don't have your confidence in Khan taking a fight with Porter. Khan has been avoiding punchers like the plague since Garcia knocked him out. I hope they fight because Khan has proclaimed himself the best pound for pound fighter in the world. It's past time for him to quit saying it and start proving it against tough guys like Porter instead of cherry picks like Collazo and Algieri. Porter would be a good measuring stick on how Khan really compares with Brook. Right now my money is on Porter to knock Khan out but Khan might beat him.

Comment

Porter will either be hell or a straight forward fight, roughing Khan up or struggling with Khan's considerable reach advantage. If Khan can follow his game plan and stick to the outside, it's in the bag. Porter isn't a menacing puncher since Brook made him undergo drug testing...
                Last edited by SalimShady1212; 07-21-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I like that fight. It makes sense. I just don't have your confidence in Khan taking a fight with Porter. Khan has been avoiding punchers like the plague since Garcia knocked him out. I hope they fight because Khan has proclaimed himself the best pound for pound fighter in the world. It's past time for him to quit saying it and start proving it against tough guys like Porter instead of cherry picks like Collazo and Algieri. Porter would be a good measuring stick on how Khan really compares with Brook. Right now my money is on Porter to knock Khan out but Khan might beat him.
                  He had one KO in two years before the Malignaggi fight, he has the same KO% as Julio Diaz in less fights and also less difficult fights. He used Phil Le Greco as a punch bag for the full distance and Spence got him out of their in just a few. His power is far from devastating however, he is VERY strong which is why Kell's win is impressive.

Comment

Khan will have to fight a damn near perfect fight..

We know what Porter brings to the table.. He is gonna lumber in and get physical and turn it into a dogfight... Some guys can deal with it like Brook did, most seem to crumble like Devon, pauli, broner...

Khan no doubt has the skills and talent to tame Porter, but can he keep porter at bay for 12 rounds.. If Porter gets inside, he is gonna have his way with khan.. Khan is gonna have to fight a hopkins esqe fight and avoid a lot of exchanges and slow the fight down and use movement and speedy combos from the outside.. If he gets caught by Porter on the inside consistently, Porter is gonna break him

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Khan will have to fight a damn near perfect fight..

We know what Porter brings to the table.. He is gonna lumber in and get physical and turn it into a dogfight... Some guys can deal with it like Brook did, most seem to crumble like Devon, pauli, broner...

Khan no doubt has the skills and talent to tame Porter, but can he keep porter at bay for 12 rounds.. If Porter gets inside, he is gonna have his way with khan.. Khan is gonna have to fight a hopkins esqe fight and avoid a lot of exchanges and slow the fight down and use movement and speedy combos from the outside.. If he gets caught by Porter on the inside consistently, Porter is gonna break him
                      Agree but I think Porter getting inside is big if. Broner barely threw but when he did, he caught Porter coming in a lot. And eventually hurt and dropped him. I think Khan has more pop in his punches. Plus he's got a huge length advantage. He could shock Porter. But then I think of the Algieri fight and I don't know what to make of Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X