No announcement yet.

golovkin has impeccable timing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Jermall charlo has had one fight at MW, that too against a disabled opponent in a farce during which even Jermall looked embarrassed. Can you tell me why he is ranked as the no. 1 contender let alone in the top 10?

Shouldnt a top 10 ranking have been granted if Charlo and fought and beaten someone like Lem or Jacobs?

And what is it with all this GGG talk? In his last 5 fights he has unified belts, fought the guy everyone claimed he was ducking (Jacobs) and in the eyes of most beat p4p entrant and lineal champion Alvarez. Oh and not to mention he battered the top welter. Top welter v top middle has always been a boxing highlight.

In fact, since beating Proksa, 7 of his 14 fights have come against outright world level opponents, if you throw in Stevens (I wouldnt) that number is 8. So how is that a bad thing?
    who did gabe rosado fight to earn a MW ranking before facing golovkin?

did u just call brook the top welter? did you just do that? is that what i think you did? LOL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO credibility

Comment

Well of course it's about the money lol.

I believe two things will happen after the Canelo fight: Golovkin will either retire or he'll stick around to fight in only high profile fights. Seeing as how there aren't any fights like that around his weight (The only one might be A fight with Eubank Jr. or Groves) I believe he'll retire.

How can you convince someone who makes $20M+ in a fight, to comeback and fight for $2-3M?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        lolol

what planet you live on man?

ward contacted k2 and k2 replied "NO" within a half hour.....how u gonna pursue meaningful negotiations when the other side says no?

LOL
        They turned down the fight because G was fighting Lemieux and Ward wanted a 50-50 split of the purse. They didn't fell Ward could bring in enough no way to justify the fight. Its well documented..

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          Comparing guys from different classes to guys from the same class? Ward only offered a fight a year later, Canelo has his pick of opponents. Rather than fight a Charlo, Canelo fought lil Smith. You guys been running around for the last 2 years on some Canelo isn't 160, yet you got the nerve to act like it's GGG that's ducking a Charlo. Where has your ass been the last 2 years saying this about the former 154 champ Canelo?
          why would i question canelo? canelo been in with one of the best of all time in floyd....canelo 27 and stepped up to 168lbers then fought the guy everyone called the most ducked/feared in boxing and maybe even bested him

no one doubts canelos balls...and im not even a canelo fan....stop trying to deflect golovkin by using canelo

the media/hbo basically forced this fight on canelo to remain relevant.....and canelo gave em what they wanted and landed more meaning/power punches on the most feared man in boxing.....

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            Lil g don't want that work. Notice Canelo would have rather fought Khan and that white boy, then get it in with Jerm(a/e)ll. Those boys are the truth
            are the charcoal bros that good?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              They turned down the fight because G was fighting Lemieux and Ward wanted a 50-50 split of the purse. They didn't fell Ward could bring in enough no way to justify the fight. Its well documented..
              you dont turn down the fight because he was fighting lemieux and the other reason you stated....its not both

you cant deny a fight because you are signed to fight someone presently.....that doesnt fly as an excuse

lets be real....this was going to happen before ward/kova 1 and 2 flopped....there was no way to know what ward would or wouldnt bring.....the bottom line is they didnt fancy a fight they didnt think they could win

stop dancing...you know i know it...we all know it..they couldnt win that fight and they knew it...and it might have ruined his image and a canelo payday

you want to say that? im fine with it...ill buy it....anything else is spinster bull****

you went from basically denying ward ever tried to make the fight to making excuses .....but thats what you guys do

Comment

but dont you all want him to move up to 168 though? So if he stays at 160 hes a one division coward, but what if he moves up, is he then ducking the middleweights?

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                  are the charcoal bros that good?
                  They're better than anybody ya'll got stumpy

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    They're better than anybody ya'll got stumpy
                    hahah you are drunk or high already??:boobies:

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      you dont turn down the fight because he was fighting lemieux and the other reason you stated....its not both

you cant deny a fight because you are signed to fight someone presently.....that doesnt fly as an excuse

lets be real....this was going to happen before ward/kova 1 and 2 flopped....there was no way to know what ward would or wouldnt bring.....the bottom line is they didnt fancy a fight they didnt think they could win

stop dancing...you know i know it...we all know it..they couldnt win that fight and they knew it...and it might have ruined his image and a canelo payday

you want to say that? im fine with it...ill buy it....anything else is spinster bull****

you went from basically denying ward ever tried to make the fight to making excuses .....but thats what you guys do
                      Yes it can and was both. It's not an excuse it's the reason the Ward fight was turned down. Bad timing no money. Look I personally think Golovkin would lose to Ward. I've thought that for a long time. Ward is a good fighter is allowed to cheat and he's bigger. Golovkin may be able to overcome the size but not the size and the cheating..

Comment

Working...
                      X