Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I have learned this weekend on boxingscene

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"why can't facial damage be used to score fights"? Who says it isn't?
    However everyone's skin and facial design isn't the same. Some have high cheek bones that might cut or eye brows that are extended that might cut. If their abused by light hitting shots why should that be considered as positives over harder shots that don't leave visible trauma?

I knew fighters that puffed up as soon as contact was made and others that showed no signs of abuse if you hit them with a shovel!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      What did you want him to do, pitty pat and run for 12 rounds?

Golovkin promised "big drama show" and that's what he delivered.
      he promised a "street fight" and he delivered

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        If you're thinking that Brook was up - then it's irrelevant.
        Don't really follow this?
        I had it 2 a piece at the time of the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          So, why was trainer so animated between rounds? Was he lying when he promised big drama show against Lemuix?Why did he look so dejected when saying that he lost every round?

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
            So, why was trainer so animated between rounds? Was he lying when he promised big drama show against Lemuix?Why did he look so dejected when saying that he lost every round?
            His trainer was trying to tell him to box, and he wouldn't listen. He was looking for the KO.

Lemieux had genuine top-drawer MW power, it would have been foolish to take the same approach against him.

Saying he lost every round was an English language issue, it isn't what he meant.

Just enjoy Triple G man, he won't be around forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              Floyd promised to go for the ko in the maidana rematch and 200 clinches later he got it!

Comment

His trainer was trying to tell him to box, and he wouldn't listen. He was looking for the KO.

Lemieux had genuine top-drawer MW power, it would have been foolish to take the same approach against him.

Saying he lost every round was an English language issue, it isn't what he meant.

Just enjoy Triple G man, he won't be around forever.
                Surely his trainer was end on the street fight gameplan. This isn't a mere mortal.This is Golovkin we're talking,about he spars cruisers for fun.Why he be scared of little 'ol Lemuix,with the funny haircut. He is aging, isn't he? I guess he shouldn't have spent those extra years fighting teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                  Surely his trainer was end on the street fight gameplan. This isn't a mere mortal.This is Golovkin we're talking,about he spars cruisers for fun.Why he be scared of little 'ol Lemuix,with the funny haircut. He is aging, isn't he? I guess he shouldn't have spent those extra years fighting teenagers.
                  Watch his interviews, Sanchez said he lost control of him.

Golovkin fought like a wild man, so did Brook in parts. It was fking great to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                    Yeah that precedent was set when Mayweather let Maidana beat him up "to give the fans entertainment", that's what his fans said at least.
                    That's a great point. Don't forget that Sugar Ray Leonard chose to get beat up by Duran as well. But GGG choosing to beat down a guy who couldn't hurt him instead of fighting a technical fight? Ludicrous!

Comment

Watch his interviews, Sanchez said he lost control of him.

Golovkin fought like a wild man, so did Brook in parts. It was fking great to watch.

In an age of many "careful" fights, it was really refreshing.

Comment

Working...
                      X