Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Cherry picking
    You realize that's the punch that ended the fight? The "knockout punch?"

A robbery and then an uppercut to the nuts in the rematch. Yeah I'd retire too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      the inferior boxer
      Cmon man .

Comment

• He didn't look good in the rematch. Ward was in control the entire time and looked even the stronger man at times. If Sergey's fire is gone, I think there's little reason to continue. He isn't gonna beat Stevenson or the likes if he's not feeling it anymore. His stamina gave in extremely hard in the Ward rematch. Maybe it's his age, maybe it was his game plan but whatever he attempted to do, it was completely unsustainable against A tier opposition like Ward and was bound to backfire in the later rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
          You realize that's the punch that ended the fight? The "knockout punch?"

A robbery and then an uppercut to the nuts in the rematch. Yeah I'd retire too.
          And? Did i ever say it wasn't? Was i talking about those punches at the end?

Kovalev acted that shots to navel area were low blows in that fight. Which justifies me taking the piss out of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Sounds like he hasn't cared about boxing since his child was born if not before that, and Team Ward knew he wasn't training hard anymore which is the only reason they took the fight. In military strategy, you can have the weaker army, but if you have spies that tell you your opponent's every move, and you know the perfect time to strike, you can still win. Team Ward had that in JDJ and it helped them overcome having the inferior boxer, to some extent. Kovalev had the superior force, so to speak, but he was not only fighting in foreign territory, he was training in foreign territory, so he didn't have the rats helping him that Ward did.

However, half-retired Kovalev was still good enough to beat Ward in the first fight, and make Ward consider retirement, if not for the rematch clause. So I cant wait to see more posters expose themselves as Ward fanboys with zero knowledge when they say "Ward retired Kovalev." In fact half-retired Kovalev is the one who retired Ward first... the rematch clause forced Ward back, then Tony Weeks saved him in the rematch as he was gassing and couldn't get Kovalev out of there even with all the low blows. Now that was helped to get past the Kovalev obstacle, he may stay around longer to cash out against a C-level guy like Bellew or another past prime opponent in Adonis Stevenson. That doesnt change the fact Kovalev had him talking retirement long before this, which doesn't even sound like it has to do with Ward, but rather with religion, family, and Kovalev's shifting priorities, which existed and Ward clearly knew about long before they fought. So stop fanboying and trying to give Ward credit for it lol. Man you guys will try anything, no matter how dishonest, to paint your idols in a good light and compensate for their lack of elite performances in the actual ring.
            This Kovalev love letter makes you come across like a fan boy. Pouring your heart & soul into it, I have to give you some props for the effort.

Comment

• Many times that russian bully and moron said that he will retire Andre Ward and now he's the one who talk about retirement for himself? LOL! & LOL! It's so easy to put down a russian mountain! typical bully retreat and attitude from Kovaleva, and if he's real with his words (how to believe someone who said millions wrong things in only 6/7 months???) so he will NEVER fight someone who hit hard as himself (Beterbiev or Stevenson) in pro, typical bully again and again, F* YOU KOVALEVA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                The problem with Stevenson is that he has already a mandatory Eleider Alvarez. Gvozdyk is ranked #2. So it will take Kovalev 3 fights and then he is already past his prime with 36.
                Stevenson can fight Alvarez. And all Kovalev has to do is get in the top 15, which shouldn't be hard.

Comment

• SOG put them thangs on the so called Krusher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                    Bot dats swiyt sayns duud.
                    I am sure elementary school would help u a lot. If your father or mother is home, please tell them what you mean and let them write it down for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                      Fixed it for you!
                      Yeah Ward took Kov's manhood and his soul

Comment

Working...
                      X