No announcement yet.

Was The Timothy Bradley A Punching Bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
    Tim Bradley's always been overrated as a welterweight. He was a really good at 140 but it didn't translate to welterweight. Not including the obvious robbery of Pacquiao, Bradley has done nothing at 147. He went life and death with a 140lb Provodnikov, got a draw against Chaves, beat a decent fighter in Jesse Vargas, and KO'd a shot undisciplined Brandon rios.

I've favored Mayweather, Pacquiao (obviously), Thurman, Spence, Brook and Porter over Bradley for the last three years, because I always saw just how ordinary Bradley was at 147. Remember, Pacquiao has been past it for years and was able to look elite against Bradley.

Bradley picked the perfect time to retire because there was nothing but losses headed his way. That being said, Bradley was a warrior who did always bring his best, and should be remembered as a very good 140lb fighter.
    The judges were on dust in the Chaves fight, nonetheless you forgot he fought roided Marquez and went the distance. I thought he lost but I'm in the minority.

Comment

PBC's very own Jesse Vargas had him out in the final round of their fight too.

Bradley's face was severely swollen after that one.

Comment

tim would easily outbox rios right now.

take that for what its worth.

Comment

At times yes.

He was not a good defensive fighter IMO. A lot of his "defense" is just erratically swinging his head in random directions.

Comment

Bradley was a great fighter and very entertaining to watch. How can a guy who won almost all of his fights be a punching bag?

I mean, your boy Mikey's been hurt and on the canvas too. Right?

This is a weird thread. I guess fighters shouldn't ever get hit or they're a punching bag. What a stupid concept.

Comment

This war mikey is a k unt. Punching bag wow

Comment

I would like someone to answer this question why didn't Mayweather ever fight Bradley ? Please no BS answer like Bradley doesn't sell cause Floyd fought Berto

Comment

Bradley is one of the best of this ERA. He beat Rios after you said Rios was going to kill him. You say Tim took more hits than Rios but do not give any evidence. This is nothing but a hate thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    This war mikey is a k unt. Punching bag wow
                    It's War "whoever is a mexican" at the moment. he was war rios, canelo, ortiz lol, etc, now mikey, still a same nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      I would like someone to answer this question why didn't Mayweather ever fight Bradley ? Please no BS answer like Bradley doesn't sell cause Floyd fought Berto
                      besides the obvious promoter barrier, Floyd doesn't fight young prime african american fighters. Floyd's own uncle Roger said when asked his thought's about a Floyd vs Bradley fight, Roger didn't do his usual and talk shi* and say "Floyd would whoop him" like he usually does, all Roger said was "good fight", that right there is enough for Floyd to say ok let's look for someone else to fight

Comment

Working...
                      X