Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Only Keith Thurman Can Tell You When He'll Fight Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supreme Being View Post
    One Time i'll give you a pass!
    Errol "The Truth" Spence Jr. wins K.O. to the body. Pass on that!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
      These guys have the same promoter and it seems as though it always takes forever to get them in the ring with each other. Al can match Spence with Danny Porter or Thurman and I dont think anyone would complain. garcia porter would even be a good scrap. But Haymon is the one running the show and these guys dont fight til he says so.

His fighters at 154 are even worse. literally none of Haymons top dogs at 154 have fought eachother and we the fans are missing out on so many good match ups.
      The problem at 154 was not Haymon. It was the fact that two of the champs were twins, another two were stablemates, and the other one was Gingernelo, who we knew would duck both Charlos and a Lara rematch.

Jermall left for 160 and we got Hurd vs Harrison for the vacant title, though I don't know why no Haymon fighter is going after the WBO that Canelo vacated. In any case Lubin is Jermell Charlo's mandatory so we're set to get that fight.
      Andrade aint with Haymon otherwise I'm sure Haymon would have hooked him up with one of the titles, in any case he is ducking Lara like the plague so forget him!

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
        What does both being with Haymon have to do with anything. It's the fighter who accepts the fight. Haymon could push for the fight between them but if one fighter says no then there's no fight. Just like Manny has said no to the Crawford fight, why can't that fight be made when they both have the same promoter like u say. There's more to it, Danny came of a loss and they probably wanted him to get a win first, cause I'm sure people like you would give no Spence credit for beating Garcia by saying he hadn't beaten anyone after Thurman.
        But on the flip side if Spence stopped him then it would be another fighter that Spence stopped that no other fighter could before him, including Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
          Actually Keith has been on that since before he became champ...it was always, "Spence hasn't fought anybody."

I can't blame him too much, because that's the same way the big names used to treat Keith when he was up and coming.

I do expect him to come back, take a fight or 2, and then fight Spence some time late next year. I don't think he'll run from Spence.
          Thurman started using that 'he aint fought nobody' excuse before he became champion. I remember the first time Spence called him out it was just after May-Pac, like a month afterwards, and Mayweather was still holding all the titles except the IBF (WBO stripped him after two months).

The irony was that Thurman himself was a nobody who had fought nobody. His biggest win was Robert Guerrero coming off a loss to Mayweather, who he untruthfully kept claiming to have beat better than Mayweather did (delusional, Mayweather delivered a masterpiece on Guerrero).

Anyway point is, Thurman will look for any excuse, whether true or untrue, to avoid Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by eddietate View Post
            Little horse tail hair Thurman is boxing's windbag a great talker who hardly ever fights a tough fight. Spence destroys pony Tail mini Keith and Keith wants no part of Spence. ThurmaN WILL NOW CHALLENGE hORN and Paq. Thurman is a joke.
            I'm a Spence fan and although I like Keith, I can freely admit that I prefer Spence.

But please stop bullshieeting! A great talker who hardly ever fights a tough fight? That's bull and you know it.

Thurman fought Shawn Porter and Danny Garcia back to back. Literally no one else has taken those kind of tough fights back to back.

Of course Spence would if these guys were brave enough to get in the ring with him, but Keith as of now is the only one who has actually done it.

Comment

Why boxing sites don't talk about Thurman anymore? maybe because they don't like the fact that he married a Nepalese women? but they probably talked a lot about Wladimir Klitschko's romance with that white actress...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...and/438298001/

Comment

Originally posted by Blender View Post
                Danny Garcia is a natural fight if Thurman won't fight.

Spence should be more aggressive in calling him out.

Thurman doesn't want to fight Spence. For almost 2 years its because Spence isn't big enough. Hasn't done enough. Now Thurman is injured. Then he'll want a tune up. Then he'll move to another division. Lets be real. Absolutely no one wants to fight Spence, cuz at the moment there's no one who beats him at 147. He's too good and too big, but too big to say at 147 too.
                Thurman will fight Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  I'm a Spence fan and although I like Keith, I can freely admit that I prefer Spence.

But please stop bullshieeting! A great talker who hardly ever fights a tough fight? That's bull and you know it.

Thurman fought Shawn Porter and Danny Garcia back to back. Literally no one else has taken those kind of tough fights back to back.

Of course Spence would if these guys were brave enough to get in the ring with him, but Keith as of now is the only one who has actually done it.
                  Keith little man thurman talks like Thur is boxing-He ain't.

Comment

Yeah I doubt many high in the current top 5 IBF will want that work with spence lol.

As for Thurman yeah I agree with others he's becoming a 1 fight a year fighter (massive shame for all his talent) but tbf I don't think that's just down to him, it's a common theme with many Al Haymon fighters,,,they get big fights but are lucky to get out more than once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                      NO way he fights Spence next year, especially when he fights once a year. Thurman is going to end up holding those belts hostage or get one stripped by fighting once a year.
                      I think the fight happens towards the end of next year. Besides Porter, I can't think of any WW who's taken on more top guys in his last few fights...Keith won't duck Spence.

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
                      You can't say you're the best when you find an excuse to not fight another top fighter in your division.
                      I agree. That's why the fight happens. Thurman has gone on record and says he wants to fight legends (May,Pac), and he wants to unify belts.

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      Thurman started using that 'he aint fought nobody' excuse before he became champion. I remember the first time Spence called him out it was just after May-Pac, like a month afterwards, and Mayweather was still holding all the titles except the IBF (WBO stripped him after two months).

The irony was that Thurman himself was a nobody who had fought nobody. His biggest win was Robert Guerrero coming off a loss to Mayweather, who he untruthfully kept claiming to have beat better than Mayweather did (delusional, Mayweather delivered a masterpiece on Guerrero).

Anyway point is, Thurman will look for any excuse, whether true or untrue, to avoid Spence.
                      Exactly my point. Guys are crazy if they think Thurman will blatantly avoid Spence now that he has one of the other belts.

Comment

Working...
                      X