Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSP vs Bisping called off... Is this the worst year the ufc has had?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP vs Bisping called off... Is this the worst year the ufc has had?

I don't follow ufc much but will order 1 or 2 ppv a year and I haven't watched a single fight from them this year. It feels like they're not promoting the same or not making the right matches.

Conor being out is killing them. Ronda is obviously done also.

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
    I don't follow ufc much but will order 1 or 2 ppv a year and I haven't watched a single fight from them this year. It feels like they're not promoting the same or not making the right matches.

Conor being out is killing them. Ronda is obviously done also.
    why was it called off?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      why was it called off?
      GSP said he wanted the fight to happen at earliest October. Dana said **** that.

Good move by Dana eve though I think GSP beats Bisbing. I mean what it really does is show just how much Dana is letting Conor get away with but still a good message to send.

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
        GSP said he wanted the fight to happen at earliest October. Dana said **** that.

Good move by Dana eve though I think GSP beats Bisbing. I mean what it really does is show just how much Dana is letting Conor get away with but still a good message to send.
        oh ok I havent been following... when was the fight supposed to take place?

Comment

Its a lil early to suggest that. And in particular when their best card this year & in a long time is coming up in a few days. If you aren't excited about the card this weekend you aren't reallllllly a UFC/MMA fan or you don't know enough about MMA cuz this fight card Saturday is gonna be a super competitive & fun card.

As for the Bisping vs GSP cancelation I'm not really surprised. They damn near had a full 185lb division revolt on their hands & this move might not even fully solve that at this point cuz they let it get so out of hand.

From the start GSP has seemed like he was being forced into making a announcement on his comeback & this fight in particular cuz they had a presser for a fight without a date which is dumb from the jump. Bisping has been making up reasons he can't fight to try to reduce some of the blowback on the whole division being bottlenecked over his bs title defenses + secure what was likely going to be the biggest payday of his career. Yoel Romero has felt robbed of his opportunity + gotten a lot of fan support for this injustice. Anderson Silva was saying he'll retire if the UFC didn't setup a interim title fight vs Romero. Luke f#cking Rockhold was calling for a mfing strike & said he won't & no 185lber should fight til the UFC makes a interim title.

All in all this fight was one of the worst narratives that has reached to so many fighters over f#cking one specific fight the UFC has ever had. Honestly I've had found it hilarious, & I've probably lol'd a few times about certain situations truth be told, if not for how f#cked up its been for specific fighters.

Comment

Good move by Dana eve though I think GSP beats Bisbing.
            Sh^t man I think half of the top ten or more beat Bisping. Romero is gonna merk him. I think Silva & Luke both beat him in a rematch. Whitaker sleeps him.

I fully understand Bisping being married to the fight that was going to pay him the most & result in probably his least painful L by likely be wrestlef#cked for 25 minutes. And I understand the UFC wanting to get their biggest pre-Conor PPV guy in the mix, but they did this sh^t all wrong almost like they were trying on purpose to f#ck every aspect of this up to maximum effect.

Idk who's at more fault here the new owners or Dana specifically or the fact that Dana's role in this new ownership might not give him the full powers he used to have, but they need to figure all that out & make sure it doesn't happen again quite this badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Sh^t man I think half of the top ten or more beat Bisping. Romero is gonna merk him. I think Silva & Luke both beat him in a rematch. Whitaker sleeps him.

I fully understand Bisping being married to the fight that was going to pay him the most & result in probably his least painful L by likely be wrestlef#cked for 25 minutes. And I understand the UFC wanting to get their biggest pre-Conor PPV guy in the mix, but they did this sh^t all wrong almost like they were trying on purpose to f#ck every aspect of this up to maximum effect.

Idk who's at more fault here the new owners or Dana specifically or the fact that Dana's role in this new ownership might not give him the full powers he used to have, but they need to figure all that out & make sure it doesn't happen again quite this badly.
              Agreed with 100%

Comment

UFC is killing boxing haha
                Remember that last year

Cute

Comment

I love GSP and this fight was intriguing, but at the end of the day it was really a vanity fight (for lack of a better term) for GSP and a big payday for Bisping.

MMA is a legit sport and the UFC is its premier league. Titles need to be defended against worthy contenders.

Let Romero get his shot now.

Comment

Yes, definitely a good move by Dana, but I have a feeling he just did that to spite GSP. Dana seems to never fully forgive anyone.

Conor filled the void that GSP left on Dana's lap.

Comment

Working...
                    X