No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Much Lighter, Ruiz Much Heavier For Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    The problem isn't that he's 15 lbs heavier. The problem is what he had to be doing in order to gain 15 lbs.

This is a surefire sign that he hasn't been training nearly as hard as he's lead on, and probably hasn't been eating properly either.

My money is on him getting knocked out. And it will be what he deserves for not treating this fight as seriously as the first one.

agree on all points

Comment

• Interesting...

Comment

• Looking like Douglas vs Holyfield 2.0

Comment

• Did you guys watch the weigh in? Ruiz was fully clothed....sneakers, sweat pants, shirt and a sombrero that must have weighed between 5 and 10 pounds.

He doesn't weigh 283 pounds.

Joshua took his shoes off, was wearing shorts and nothing else; his weigh in was more honest and true to his actual weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verus View Post
            Pads don't hit back.
            My point is he's still too fast for Joshua, duh. We've already seen he does just fine when he's in there for real with Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
              I don't think he put on weight in camp, he would've still lost weight but went into camp really heavy. It wouldn't surprise me if he came into camp around 315-320 lbs.
              I meant he put on weight since the first fight

Comment

• Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                My point is he's still too fast for Joshua, duh. We've already seen he does just fine when he's in there for real with Joshua.
                Without question, Ruiz' hand speed is faster than Joshua's. My point is that getting punched in the face makes one hesitant to open up full throttle because you have to defend the counters. But I do admit that this might not be the case with Andy Ruiz, because he tends to fight harder when he is hit. We shall see.

Comment

• While I favor Ruiz to repeat, my heart pumps for Joshua to get revenge. And with the shredded weight I think he can take the belts back. The extra pounds of Ruiz might be disastrous for him though he's used to it in the beginning of his pro career.

I can't wait!

Comment

• Didn't expect that at all from Ruiz.

Until he is in the ring we won't be able to tell if it is muscle or fat.

Either way I don't think it will make a difference really. I see it going the same way as the start of the first fight. The difference will be AJ won't go in swinging like an idiot with a slugger after knocking him down this time.

I really hope it will be a classic back and forth 12 round epic, both get knocked down and come back. But I don't think it will. I think it will be a brutal ko against Ruiz in the first three rounds.

Comment

• Josh did a srl. Srl knew Duran would party and eat too much after beating srl, so srl took immediate rematch knowing Duran would be out of shape. Josh knew ruiz would party hard eating extra snickers in celebration

Comment

Working...
                      X