Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn’t anyone learn from the Canelo-SD negotiations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    It’s the same story again.

Derevyanchenko will never get that kind of payday anywhere else! He should feel lucky to get whatever Canelo will give him! He’s an idiot not to jump on that offer! He doesn’t even have that much money in the bank! He’s not even worth a fraction of that, Canelo is being generous!

Derevyanchenko literally gets exactly what Canelo’s team offered to fight someone else days after the negotiations with Canelo’s team died.

Now GBP is lowballing Smith and Saunders, just like they lowballed Derevyanchenko. All the same people are howling about how stupid Saunders and Smith are for turning down the lowball offer.

Why don’t we ever learn?
    Posters need to be on their A-game...

First, Devry was a non-belt holding MANDO.

Second, Devry has never been a world Champion.

Third, Devry’s bag wasn’t even different from what he took against GGG.

Fourth, is it known that Devry sells out US arenas?

Comment

I'm super glad everyones freezing this diva out

Comment

That fact isn’t enough to get them to take a lowball offer.

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        Exactly! And wouldn’t you agree that you would make more money by beating the biggest star in boxing?

Comment

That fact isn’t enough to get them to take a lowball offer.
          You’re clearly in denial because all my points make sense. If you want to whence your money making potential, you have to become a star, that’s not just in boxing that’s in any sport... what’s the fastest way of becoming a star in boxing? By beating THE star of boxing, in this case canelo. Stop denying the facts... these boys aren’t confident pain and simple

Comment

They’re getting lowball offers. That’s all it is.

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
            You’re clearly in denial because all my points make sense. If you want to whence your money making potential, you have to become a star, that’s not just in boxing that’s in any sport... what’s the fastest way of becoming a star in boxing? By beating THE star of boxing, in this case canelo. Stop denying the facts... these boys aren’t confident pain and simple

Comment

Fighting Canelo isn’t going to Disneyland. It’s a job. If someone doesn’t get compensated fairly for it, they shouldn’t do it.
              So boxing is no longer about beating the reigning superstar and the bigger money the goes with it.

I agree with you if that is no longer the purpose in this sport.

Derevyanchenko literally got an offer days later to fight GGG for the same money. So I’m not sure what you mean when you say he’s not getting offers.
              Derevy hasn't had any offers after the GGG fight, according to Dibella. He made $5 mil in the fight, according to you. So who would be crazy enough to even contact him now if he won't agree to take less than $2 mil?

Comment

Boxing has always been about purses. There have always been negotiations when it comes to compensation.

I don’t see how Derevyanchenko taking a GGG fight over Canelo is connected to him not having a fight lined up.

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
                So boxing is no longer about beating the reigning superstar and the bigger money the goes with it.

I agree with you if that is no longer the purpose in this sport.

Derevy hasn't had any offers after the GGG fight, according to Dibella. He made $5 mil in the fight, according to you. So who would be crazy enough to even contact him now if he won't agree to take less than $2 mil?

Comment

Boxing has always been about purses. There have always been negotiations when it comes to compensation.

I don’t see how Derevyanchenko taking a GGG fight over Canelo is connected to him not having a fight lined up.
                  So how much should Derevyanchenko get in the Charlo fight, which is likely to happen because that's an easy fight to make fact that they're both PBC fighters?

Comment

They’re getting lowball offers. That’s all it is.
                    They’re not confident is all it is

Comment

I didn't know it's been that way for a long time now. Reject chances of beating the reigning champ if the price is not right. The hell with best fighting the best. Fk that crap.

There's no connection? Are you serious?

Comment

Working...
                      X