No announcement yet.

Need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

Hello everybody, i need some help with boxing. Whenever im sparring with someone i run backwards when they are punching or im shutting my eyes all the time or i flinch. I know this is a natural reflex but i want to know how i can stop running backwards or shutting my eyes cause its really annoying when i cant see the other guy punching or i run backwards and i fall off balance

anyone can help

Comment

/

hi,
      it just comes with time, i used to do it too but now im fine with it.
      one day wan i was training we practiced, ducking and moving out of the way of shots and blocking so i tryed hard , then wen i went into tthe ring to spar i really focused on not flinching and just blocking, or ducking head , i just realaxed.

it eventuly comes with time really,if youve got a partener or anyting practice him throwing proper shots at your face as if sparring and job bobboing and weaving and duckign out of the way and bloocking also

Comment

It comes with time, a drill my trainer has us do is with a partner you jab at each other and you work on blocking it. Then it turns to a jab cross and then to a jab cross left hook it helps you not be afraid when punches come at you

Comment

Working...
        X