No announcement yet.

cheat day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheat day

once i week (sunday) i have a cheat day - i rest up & don't worry about diet. does anybody here use this technique & what are people's thoughts on it?

i don't know if this is going to work out so well for me, been doing it for a couple of months & what i find is that i lose all self-control & just go crazy on my cheat day! my problem is that i eat too much which makes me feel lethargic on the following day or so; i need to find a way of maintaining some level of discipline on my cheat day OR another technique for eating healthily which doesn't get boring

for example, a couple of weeks ago i ate 1kg of chocolate cake on my cheat day. i couldn't stop eating it!! i think there's a fat person inside me trying to get out

Originally posted by olliesmiff View Post
    once i week (sunday) i have a cheat day - i rest up & don't worry about diet. does anybody here use this technique & what are people's thoughts on it?

i don't know if this is going to work out so well for me, been doing it for a couple of months & what i find is that i lose all self-control & just go crazy on my cheat day! my problem is that i eat too much which makes me feel lethargic on the following day or so; i need to find a way of maintaining some level of discipline on my cheat day OR another technique for eating healthily which doesn't get boring

for example, a couple of weeks ago i ate 1kg of chocolate cake on my cheat day. i couldn't stop eating it!! i think there's a fat person inside me trying to get out
    Everyday is cheat day

Comment

You simply have to have self control. I have cheat days, but I limit it to a single good meal. Maybe a cheese burger or a slice of cake. If you have the motivation to go the gym each day, you damn well should have enough self control to eat an entire 1kg cake.

Comment

I think you're being to hard on yourself, there's a reason it's called a cheat day. Not saying you should go overboard and eat up the entire menu at McDonalds, but just relax and enjoy eating what you want one day out of the week.

Comment

When ever I diet the first few days are the hardest. My meals don't fill me at all and I am constantly hungry. After that my stomach shrinks up and I can go longer without eating.

When I take a cheat day the following day I feel like I am starting all over.

I don't diet much so I have little experience with it but when I do diet its usually ended by me deciding to cheat a little. Its all down hill from there.

If you can take one day out of the week and cheat but have the control to stick with it the rest of the time then that's a huge amount of self control imo and good job for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
            You simply have to have self control. I have cheat days, but I limit it to a single good meal. Maybe a cheese burger or a slice of cake. If you have the motivation to go the gym each day, you damn well should have enough self control to eat an entire 1kg cake.
            The problem is some people actually do have a cheat day! Rather than a cheat meal. So they bi get all day rather than just treating themselves to a meal that particular day

Comment

Thanks for the replies, i think i will set a limit of what to eat on that day and try to stick to it - and eat a bit slower too maybe haha

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
                Everyday is cheat day
                Yeah, this.

I used to do 5-6 days a week a 2 hour routine. I just eat whatever I want, though I do my routine less now I still go atleast 3 times a week.

Work hard, enjoy the benefits of doing whatever you want.

Comment

Working...
                X