No announcement yet.

Bradley = An Underrated Legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley = An Underrated Legend

Okay, the guy lost 3 times to Pacquiao (his 1 "win" was a robbery), but is it suddenly a shame to lose to a great boxer like Pacquiao? And he got a draw against Chaves, but any person who saw that fight would agree that Bradley clearly won. He has fought to some impressive victories over the years and he is an unique fighter, being a featherfisted technician who likes to brawl. He goes out of his comfort zone to make a war, which people usually criticize the other black technicians for not doing, such as Ward, Mayweather and Lara. Bradley got massive heart, is very fast, got great stamina and if he had possessed the natural ability to punch hard, I'm pretty confident that he could have been an ATG. IMO, Bradley would beat Thurman, Porter, etc., and he would have given Mayweather trouble before losing.

Let's look at some of the wins that this underappreciated great has scored during his career (not including the Pacquiao "win" and has changed the Chaves "draw" into a win):

Bradley is the most versatile fighter in the sport. He can box, he can brawl, he can counter punch, and he can be a slickster or a flat footed fighter. Truly a HOF. Had a great career. Most other fighters would be remembered for that '1' event of infamy in their careers, and to bradley that was the Pacquiao robbery, but he truly wiped that in his record by proving to the fans what a warrior he is in the Provodnikov fight, and proving to the critics that he can, beat the guy who beated the guy who considered beat him in a twelve round master class fight.

Comment

Great fighter ,HoFer for sure ,love the guy ,what a warrior

Comment

If you don't love Bradley, you don't love boxing, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
          If you don't love Bradley, you don't love boxing, simple as that.
          This. Tim is a genius.

Always felt he lost to Ruslan tho.

Comment

He always seem a technical safety first technical boxer, until he start to go sick latter on in his career! i.e having wars, and leaving it all inside of the ring. He deserves credit for battling Manny Pacquiao in a manner, that many welter-weights would not implement! accept maybe Antonio Margarito....

For some strange reason his power was not what it should of been in my opinion, because he had great punching technique! and from what i have seen of him in training, he was a really strong individual. Maybe it has something to do with his muscle fibers and nervous system efficiency, because i once watched a training session of his where he was sprinting! and he did not seem very fast or explosive.

Nevertheless he was a decent fighter, with no real massive flaws in his game technically.

Comment

Good fighter.

Far from legendary. Will probably get into the HOF but he's boarderline for me.

Comment

He is good in a lot of areas but not great in any of them. Just a solid, all-around boxer.

I enjoy watching him, though. Hopefully he comes back for a few more fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  Bradley is the most versatile fighter in the sport. He can box, he can brawl, he can counter punch, and he can be a slickster or a flat footed fighter. Truly a HOF. Had a great career. Most other fighters would be remembered for that '1' event of infamy in their careers, and to bradley that was the Pacquiao robbery, but he truly wiped that in his record by proving to the fans what a warrior he is in the Provodnikov fight, and proving to the critics that he can, beat the guy who beated the guy who considered beat him in a twelve round master class fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    He is good in a lot of areas but not great in any of them. Just a solid, all-around boxer.

I enjoy watching him, though. Hopefully he comes back for a few more fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X