No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs the giants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    foreman was incredibly strong in the arms. he had an 11 inch wrist and 17 inch forearms. so heavy handed. he could probably knock the normal guy on the street out with a little open hand slap to the head
    20 inch arms when in his second career.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      You gotta be off on the 11 inch wrists, but I agree he was a massive guy. I just can't believe he was only around 225lbs in his prime, he looked much heavier than that, and it's not like he had skinny legs either.

yea,,,,I find the 11" wrist hard to believe as well but I remember reading it somewhere. I remember him weighing 217 lbs I believe for the chuvalo fight. that's pretty amazing considering how big boned he is and like you said,,,,he didn't have skinny legs or a very narrow waist either. he was an enormous 217 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        20 inch arms when in his second career.
        yea,,,,I remember reading where his biceps measured 20". that 17" forearm stat really blows me away tho. that's enormous. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna arm wrestle him,,lol

Comment

foreman was incredibly strong in the arms. he had an 11 inch wrist and 17 inch forearms. so heavy handed. he could probably knock the normal guy on the street out with a little open hand slap to the head
          no way........ Right?

Comment

On the picture I posted his forearm looks almost as big as his upper arm(the angle is flattering though) so I can believe that 17" stat. His wrists were well above average too but I can't find a legit source for his old stats.

Comment

The thing with George is he never struggled with someone bigger then him, he just sees that as a big heavybag. You have to outslick him, either hit and run or make him miss somehow and get your punches in. if not you're going to be out of there pretty quick.

Comment

Edit.............
                Last edited by kiDynamite92; 02-04-2015, 03:03 AM.

Comment

I have met and shook hands with both Foreman and Vitali Klitschko. Despite the stats, Foreman gives the impression of being the bigger man. His hands were considerably bigger and his grip was unmistakable.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    I have met and shook hands with both Foreman and Vitali Klitschko. Despite the stats, Foreman gives the impression of being the bigger man. His hands were considerably bigger and his grip was unmistakable.
                    yea,,,vitali actually has relatively small hands for his size. wlads are much bigger. I also shook hands with big George in atlantic city for the lewis/Jackson fight and I can attest to your statement. my hand literally got lost in his and im not a small guy myself. hes a bear of a man. nice guy tho thank god

Comment

yea,,,,I remember reading where his biceps measured 20". that 17" forearm stat really blows me away tho. that's enormous. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna arm wrestle him,,lol
                      I remember they used to quote that in the HBO broadcasts back in the day. He did have enormous biceps.

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I think it probably has something to do with their build. Even though Vitali is the naturally taller man (obviously) he's not necessarily the bigger man. Someone like Vitali for example, you could never imagine him getting fat or even rounded. He has quite a skinny, lanky build. Whereas Foreman has a bear like build. Often the latter has bigger feet and hands.

PS I don't believe Foreman had 11" fists. Ali had 13" fists so Foreman's gotta be at least that or a little bigger. Liston had massive 15" fists!
                      Last edited by LacedUp; 02-03-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X